Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is there any support I can get? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi all, I was a university student for two years at two different universities studying two different courses. Failed both of them and dropped out, this was 2 years ago now.. Since working everyday for the past two years I have seen how important university is and really want to go back but really get my game face on and pass the course (instead of getting drunk everyday and skipping lectures as I did before)!

    However, the problem now being I am not eligible for student finance for the first year due to already receiving two years student finance, and I am unable to fund myself. Is there anything I can do? Any support elsewhere I can receive? Or any alternate options? Any advice would be really appreciated!

    Thanks, Dale.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    If you did not receive any qualification and you are doing a 3 year course, with 2 years previous study, we would only fully fund you for years 2 and 3.
    You would still be able to apply for a means tested maintenance loan on year 1.

    There may be support in the forms of bursary from the university, please check with them.

Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.