Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I've applied to study medicine at:

St. Andrews
    Exeter
    Leicester
    Aberdeen

I'm writing some interview model answers for the standard "Why do you want to be a doctor" etc and was wondering if anyone knew whether it was a good idea to refer to my PS or wait for the interviewer to refer to it?

Many thanks to all who help

ReputationRep:
    Just bumping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stutheq101)
    Hello,

St. Andrews
    Exeter
    Leicester
    Aberdeen

I'm writing some interview model answers for the standard "Why do you want to be a doctor" etc and was wondering if anyone knew whether it was a good idea to refer to my PS or wait for the interviewer to refer to it?

Actually, if the interview type is MMI (most medical schools these days are), then the interviewers won't have seen, or will see, your personal statement. Number one tip, however, is not to sound rehearsed or coached. it's incredibly boring and makes distinguishing candidates virtually impossible

ReputationRep:
    Be yourself! Be a human being and not the medical school interviewee robot.
    There is often no right or wrong answer to these questions so show some personality and smile. Even say something a bit different to the norm!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Stutheq101)
    Hello,

St. Andrews
    Exeter
    Leicester
    Aberdeen

This book it the bible for model answers, highly recommended: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Medical-Inte...rview+medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    This book it the bible for model answers, highly recommended: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Medical-Inte...rview+medicine
    Thank you very much! I've just placed the order for that book, now lets hope I get some offers!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.