ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Week 1-4

Week 5-8

Week 9-12

ReputationRep:
    Because it won't let me edit

My goals are to build muscle especially on legs and tone up/slim down (yeh i know) more. Currently my programme is a bit old and generic but I want something to settle into.

The one Ive posted above is from simplyshredded.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tootles44)
    Because it won't let me edit

My goals are to build muscle especially on legs and tone up/slim down (yeh i know) more. Currently my programme is a bit old and generic but I want something to settle into.

The one Ive posted above is from simplyshredded.com
    How long have you been training?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a girl, but your plan seems fine, if it seems boring add some cardio in between to break it up. I usually do five muscle training excersises and then five minutes on a rowing machine going as fast as I can. As well as that, keep to low weights and high reps, otherwise you'll end up looking like hulk instead of toned/ slim person .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squats and milk)
    How long have you been training?
    1.5 yrs (with a 2.5 month gap this summer in between coz of injury). Normally the PT's at my gym review my programme but it's inconsistent and irregular and I want to be able to do it myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicalWizard)
    I'm not a girl, but your plan seems fine, if it seems boring add some cardio in between to break it up. I usually do five muscle training excersises and then five minutes on a rowing machine going as fast as I can. As well as that, keep to low weights and high reps, otherwise you'll end up looking like hulk instead of toned/ slim person .
    Completely wrong.

ReputationRep:
    1.5 yrs (with a 2.5 month gap this summer in between coz of injury). Normally the PT's at my gym review my programme but it's inconsistent and irregular and I want to be able to do it myself.
    In that case, the routine you posted is too much. You don't need more than the basics, and you need to do the basics more often.

ReputationRep:
    Completely wrong.
    Yah I thought as much, it would take a very long time for me to end up looking like the hulk, and high reps won't really cause hypertrophy

ReputationRep:
    In that case, the routine you posted is too much. You don't need more than the basics, and you need to do the basics more often.
    Ah why do you think it's too much?

Currently I do: squats, RDLS, pec fly machine (because Im not keen on bench press), chin ups, dumbbell shoulder presses, dumbbell rows, planks

And I split it so I do everything thrice a week. Im supposed to be doing it all 3x a week but it takes far too long to do the whole body workout all at once.

ReputationRep:
    Ah why do you think it's too much?

Currently I do: squats, RDLS, pec fly machine (because Im not keen on bench press), chin ups, dumbbell shoulder presses, dumbbell rows, planks
    There are too many unnecessary/ineffective exercises. Not enough focus on the stuff that actually matters.

ReputationRep:
    There are too many unnecessary/ineffective exercises. Not enough focus on the stuff that actually matters.
    So is what I've posted above enough?

ReputationRep:
    So is what I've posted above enough?
    PMd

ReputationRep:
    PMd

You PM her an ab shot or a **** pic? I'm guessing the latter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanDYE)
    Haha, about the training program of course.

ReputationRep:
    'Traning programme' yeahh i get you
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Interesting username :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanDYE)
    lol def about the programme!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Subbing. Will post later

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Subbing. Will post later

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The programme is full of fluff and doesn't really achieve anything. It's not run off percentages or similar.

How much lifting have you done before? If a fair bit, what's your current Squat/ bench/ dead

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.