Turn on thread page Beta

Would you cancel a first date if you were on your period? watch

Announcements

Sorry having read a lot of evol psychology things on how much less men find woman attractive when on their periods. I'm thinking of cancelling my date.

Plus it's a tinder date, so it's not like there's established attraction.

Plus I might have such bad cramps that i just need to lie in bed with a hot water bottle anyway.

However, I don't want to be rude and I've been so busy this is weeks after he initially asked me on a date.

Any stories from guys that they met their girl on their period and were still super attracted to them?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're planning on shagging him on the first date (fine if you want to, though springing period sex on someone the first time you get naked might be a bit much!), how would he ever know?

I'd say cancelling at short notice would give a worse impression than some secret subconscious vibe that you're marginally less attractive.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sorry having read a lot of evol psychology things on how much less men find woman attractive when on their periods. I'm thinking of cancelling my date.

Plus I might have such bad cramps that i just need to lie in bed with a hot water bottle anyway.

However, I don't want to be rude and I've been so busy this is weeks after he initially asked me on a date.

Any stories from guys that they met their girl on their period and were still super attracted to them?
    As a guy, I wouldn't really mind too much if a girl is on her period - it's some of the side effects of the period that can put me off. But if I'm gonna have a relationship with someone, I'm gonna see them on their period at some point aren't I?

As long as you're not an emotional wreck I'd be OK with it.

ReputationRep:
    If you're enthusiastic, just go with it, unless the pain is going to be too much. How will he possibly know.

I didn't go, aha. Too much pain.

Even if it wasn't I don't think I'm a rational human at this time: last month I burst into tears in front of my tutor this time I managed to wait till I was outside his room but then another lecturer saw me (and gave me a hug ) ... not in date mode. It takes me by shock as I'm usually someone who's got their **** together.

I think he's pissed but it probably seems like I'm really not into him.. I am just was ill, then had uni deadlines + he asked to see me on friday but I can't and he can't do sun (when I can do). How do I fix this?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I didn't go, aha. Too much pain.

Even if it wasn't I don't think I'm a rational human at this time: last month I burst into tears in front of my tutor this time I managed to wait till I was outside his room but then another lecturer saw me (and gave me a hug ) ... not in date mode. It takes me by shock as I'm usually someone who's got their **** together.

I think he's pissed but it probably seems like I'm really not into him.. I am just was ill, then had uni deadlines + he asked to see me on friday but I can't and he can't do sun (when I can do). How do I fix this?
    Maybe be honest about what happened before. Either find some time for him or explain about everything that's coming up, and that after that if he's still interested you're happy to try again... and if he makes a run for it then you've made a lucky escape.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why girls are so squeamish about this. It's not like guys don't know all girls have periods! Even if you are too shy to directly say the word "period" then you could still just say something like "Hey. Can we reschedule the date? It's kinda going to be that time of the month for me." and if you don't want them to think that you you are just putting it off because you want to shag them on the first date, just add an afterthought: "So I won't be feeling well enough".

Seriously, I have NO idea why girls feel the need to pretend that they don't go through this. It's ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    Why would you cancel adate because of this. Presumably he won't be eating your pussy on the first date anyway. Put a tampon on and take some meds and you won't even remember you are on your period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Why would you cancel adate because of this. Presumably he won't be eating your pussy on the first date anyway. Put a tampon on and take some meds and you won't even remember you are on your period.
    You tell em champ. Spoken like a hard as nails dating veteran. Bleeding from your special place or not, you have to lay the foundations so when your off the blob you can, well, what you described. Have an after dinner dinner between your legs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Good Doctor)
    I don't understand why girls are so squeamish about this. It's not like guys don't know all girls have periods! Even if you are too shy to directly say the word "period" then you could still just say something like "Hey. Can we reschedule the date? It's kinda going to be that time of the month for me." and if you don't want them to think that you you are just putting it off because you want to shag them on the first date, just add an afterthought: "So I won't be feeling well enough".

Seriously, I have NO idea why girls feel the need to pretend that they don't go through this. It's ridiculous!
    Too much information for first date. He doesn't know the date of her birthday, he isn't going to want to know the date when her uterus decides to shed and come out.

ReputationRep:
    No......

Even as a 'guy' guy, I don't plan on shagging on the first date..... Cancelling a date must be an honest usage of time kind of thing. Akaa family, work, bessies, pre-plans etc.

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldn't cancel because I wouldn't be having sex on the first date anyway and I would take a painkiller before going too if the cramps were that bad but I find that exercising and distraction help cramps so a date would probably take my mind off things and most guys are usually understanding with cramps so I am sure he would be ok if your cramps maybe flared up and you had to maybe stop walking or whatever for a minute.

ReputationRep:

What research are you reading? I remember learning about it being the other way round.

Id only cancel if the symptoms were severe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    You just saved my life

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.