Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have taken both French and German for my GCSE'S and I keep getting mixed up in the lessons. In French I'll accidentally say something in German or the other way around. Will I be able to eventually separate the languages and not get mixed up?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by CharlotteGilbert)
    I have taken both French and German for my GCSE'S and I keep getting mixed up in the lessons. In French I'll accidentally say something in German or the other way around. Will I be able to eventually separate the languages and not get mixed up?
    That's quite normal and I think a lot of people have that problem. As with most language-related things, it'll probably become less of an issue with practice. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, the important thing is that you just try to talk as much as possible, the worst thing you can do is stopping practising speaking the languages because you're worried about making a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    i had this with spanish and french and ended up dropping french and carrying spanish

ReputationRep:
    eventually you will when you are practically fluent but, for GCSEs its not the best idea to take two. honestly i can't tell you what to do but i do recommend dropping one of them

ReputationRep:
    Try using Memory Palaces specifically for French and German. If you give mental locations that are specific to the language, you'll be far less likely to mix them up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 13, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.