Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A2 Spanish Edexcel Mark Scheme watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I've been looking at the Edexcel mark scheme for the discursive essay (A2 Spanish), and I'm a bit confused as to what they refer to when they talk about the implications of the question. I REALLY want an A* and I need to be getting 37+ in both essays but I don't know what I'm supposed to do to score highly in 'understanding' band?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Are there any examples of "good" essays? I would just mimic the techniques they use. Maybe there are some exemplar essays on Edexcel's website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoothER)
    Are there any examples of "good" essays? I would just mimic the techniques they use. Maybe there are some exemplar essays on Edexcel's website.
    I've just had a look and it turns out that each examiner report contains a few exemplar essays!!! Thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vectorpi)
    I've just had a look and it turns out that each examiner report contains a few exemplar essays!!! Thanks so much

You are most welcome! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    can someone please send me the Spanish gcse unofficial mark scheme for 2015 wjec

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Essentially a top level response needs to take into account every aspect of the wording in the title, and fully grasp it. For example, some questions have 2 distinct half (moreso in the RBE) and a higher mark essay would focus on both aspects instead of just one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jedwards)
    Hi,

Essentially a top level response needs to take into account every aspect of the wording in the title, and fully grasp it. For example, some questions have 2 distinct half (moreso in the RBE) and a higher mark essay would focus on both aspects instead of just one.
    Ah, okay, that makes sense. So in a question on whether we should accept immigrants who don't know the culture or language of the country, you'd have to go into depth about BOTH cultural and linguistic difficulties that such an immigrant would encounter, right?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 26, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.