Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Isn't it stupid to avoid travelling to Egypt because of the crash? watch

ReputationRep:
    I booked a holiday to Cairo from Christmas Day to New Year's Eve 2015 over a month ago. Although I was shocked to hear about the Russian plane crash at first, it won't have any impact on my decision to go there.

I can understand avoiding the Middle East generally because of recent events, but I just don't get why people would avoid Egypt because of this one crash.

A) It's not proven that it was a bomb in the first place. It's only a speculation so far. Having watched 100s of Air Crash Investigations I can say that in most cases the first guessed cause of the crash is wrong.

B) After an event like this, Egypt is probably the safest place to travel to in the entire world due to the security being EXTRA strict everywhere. Even if it was a bomb smuggled on the plane, what's the likelihood of them doing it again at the same place?

C) People didn't stop flying within the US (or from Boston) after the 9/11 attacks, so why do it now?

Please share your opinion on whether you would avoid Egypt solely because of this crash.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. I'm sure there's great value there now.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.