Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Toning up legs!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey!

Seeing as a lot of you seem to know about toning up i wanna know if you could help me. I have weird thighs (like loads of people) and they are rather muscly and strong with some fat too (horrible) and the thing is that i really want is slim legs, so what exercise can i do to change the overall size of my legs without increasing muscle bulk?

Thanks

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkly_tiara)
    hey!

Seeing as a lot of you seem to know about toning up i wanna know if you could help me. I have weird thighs (like loads of people) and they are rather muscly and strong with some fat too (horrible) and the thing is that i really want is slim legs, so what exercise can i do to change the overall size of my legs without increasing muscle bulk?

Thanks

Lou
    xxx

wat about jogging, or star jumps.

ReputationRep:
    would that not increase muscle bulk? Or would it not? Im confused lol!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    hey!

Thanks

Lou
    xxx
    So you want to lose fat around your legs? Like Ive said before, theres no such thing as fat spot burning, so youll just have to lose fat all over(how much is taken from the legs is genetic) until you notice changes in your legs..

ReputationRep:
    hey!

Thanks

Lou
    xxx
    cut down on the pies?

ReputationRep:
    Thats the thing, i am slim elsewhere! Its just my legs are really muscley and i don't want them to be!! I just want them to be generally slim without muscle bulk!!!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    OK, doing cardiovascular exercise is detrimental to muscle growth, so by doing more cardiovascular exercise youre actually goint be 'building' muscle less, furthermore, no kind of cardiovascularl exercise is going to stimulate noticeable muscle growth. So do whatever exercise you want to burn the fat. Dont forget, muscle is heavier than fat, so if for some strange reasons your legs are particularly musclely, then youre body is more likely to get rid of the muscle first(unless you do the right kind of exercise/right diet which youre probably not)

ReputationRep:
    post a pic of ur legs and we'll tell u if they're too fat. girls have a tendency to moan about being fat when they're bloody stick insects.

ReputationRep:
    iamasillynarb, i know i keep asking you questions about this and i am sorry! How does this sound for an everyday diet (this is when i am being good lol !

breakfast- non sugary cereal and a glass of OJ
    lunch- chicken sandwich on granary bread with a piece of fruit
    dinner- pasta dish with low fat sauce
    snacks- fruit if feel like it and just water

people always go on about getting enough calories ect... is this diet ok or appaling?

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    post a pic of ur legs and we'll tell u if they're too fat. girls have a tendency to moan about being fat when they're bloody stick insects.
    i don't actually have a pic of my legs, just head and shoulder ones!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    iamasillynarb, i know i keep asking you questions about this and i am sorry! How does this sound for an everyday diet (this is when i am being good lol !

breakfast- non sugary cereal and a glass of OJ
    lunch- chicken sandwich on granary bread with a piece of fruit
    dinner- pasta dish with low fat sauce
    snacks- fruit if feel like it and just water

people always go on about getting enough calories ect... is this diet ok or appaling?

Lou
    xxx
    What cereal is it?
    lunch - this is good
    dinner - fine, but make sure its wholewheat pasta..

Youre probably not eating enough there, tis best to eat 6 small meals a day..this will stop the long gaps between your meals and help the cravings...

ReputationRep:
    i don't actually have a pic of my legs, just head and shoulder ones!

Lou
    xxx
    Post the pics!

ReputationRep:
    Hey again!

Will post the pics soon when i have some decent ones, wait until june 25th (leavers ball) to see me looking at my best! Anyway, the cereal tends to be bran flakes or corn flakes. And the six small meals a day, would a two pieces of fruit be enough for a small mini meal thing? I hope i don't put weight on doing this lol!!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey again!

Will post the pics soon when i have some decent ones, wait until june 25th (leavers ball) to see me looking at my best! Anyway, the cereal tends to be bran flakes or corn flakes. And the six small meals a day, would a two pieces of fruit be enough for a small mini meal thing? I hope i don't put weight on doing this lol!!

Lou
    xxx
    Yeh 2 pieces of fruit would be ok, make sure you get enough protein and stuff in as well though. So maybe you could do something like:

Breakfast: Cereal with milk
    meal 2: 2 pieces of fruit
    meal3: chicken sald
    meal4: tuna salad
    meal5: 2 pieces of fruit
    meal6: chicken/tuna salad

That should work. The idea to weight loss is to be in a calorie deficit...so a 500 calorie a day deficit will lose 1 pound per week, a 1000 calorie a day deficit will lose 2..but, eating less only works to a point..Its best to eat small calorie meals regularly(as above) as it boosts your metabolism...

ReputationRep:
    Hey again!

Lou
    xxx

25th June, good excuse. At least I said tomorow, which I am promising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Yeh 2 pieces of fruit would be ok, make sure you get enough protein and stuff in as well though. So maybe you could do something like:

Breakfast: Cereal with milk
    meal 2: 2 pieces of fruit
    meal3: chicken sald
    meal4: tuna salad
    meal5: 2 pieces of fruit
    meal6: chicken/tuna salad

That should work. The idea to weight loss is to be in a calorie deficit...so a 500 calorie a day deficit will lose 1 pound per week, a 1000 calorie a day deficit will lose 2..but, eating less only works to a point..Its best to eat small calorie meals regularly(as above) as it boosts your metabolism...

id die with dat diet.

ReputationRep:
    Cycling is the best way. I used to do a 4 mile bike ride twice a week (out of interest!) and I ended up beating up the form at the bleep test. It was so out of the blue my report read 'there may be more to xxx than meets the eye' and I got reccomended for cross country. Anyway, I stopped when my bike got nicked and now I've got strech marks on my knees and hips. And no I'm not overweight, I'm 5'8" and 11 stone. So my advice would be to do cycling, badminton is good too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    id die with dat diet.
    Me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Quixote)
    Cycling is the best way. I used to do a 4 mile bike ride twice a week (out of interest!) and I ended up beating up the form at the bleep test. It was so out of the blue my report read 'there may be more to xxx than meets the eye' and I got reccomended for cross country. Anyway, I stopped when my bike got nicked and now I've got strech marks on my knees and hips. And no I'm not overweight, I'm 5'8" and 11 stone. So my advice would be to do cycling, badminton is good too.
    erm, that will be fine when i join the college gym and use the machines because erm, erm.... i can't ride a bike!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
    lol!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    id die with dat diet.
    I haven't tried it with the extra mini meals yet but it is fine to stick to normally, just requires a little willpower!!

Lou
    xxx

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.