The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4080
Original post by shawn_o1
we're only where we are in the PL cause everyone else has been just as poor (apart from Leicester :biggrin:)
and don't forget, it took a few games for Walcott-Ozil-Sanchez to come good... then came the Walcott and Sanchez injuries. Now it's like we've gone too far backwards even with those two returning

Why the **** do you even support us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Why the **** do you even support us?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not like he's wrong though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4082
Original post by KeyToSuccess
It's not like he's wrong though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah my question was about all of his posts in general.

I see a lot of pessimism but **** me..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Nah my question was about all of his posts in general.

I see a lot of pessimism but **** me..

Posted from TSR Mobile

if pessimism

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arsenal has no spirit the Leicester win was just because they went down to 10 men and these are home games away games are much worse
City took until injury time to score twice against 10 men to win the league, you wouldn't say they hadn't had the spirit :wink:
Claude is really starting to boil my piss the fu*king c*nt. He'd be first to criticize Wenger if we played our strongest squad today and picked up injuries. That channel is becoming an absolute embarrassment.
Original post by AR_95
Surprising to hear this from you.

It took Ozil two seasons to bang in his third.
Sanchez had a great debut season and this is only his second.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Frustration. We're going for the title and his performances in the league have not been good enough, the display he put on today is basically how he's been playing all season pre and post injury. When we have the weakest attacking record in the league we should be concerned that two of our main providers of goals aren't producing enough

At the start of the season I thought Theo and Alexis would be in the mid double digits for league goals by now with consistently big performances in important matches. Both of them need to find consistent form coming into a crucial period. His season has been a disappointment especially when he consider what he did previously.

Ozil is a different case tbh but the important thing is he's giving the goods in an important season where a title challenge is credible
(edited 8 years ago)
Why does Wenger play 2 DMs against Hull reserves who had no intention of winning the game? The man is a fraud

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Why does Wenger play 2 DMs against Hull reserves who had no intention of winning the game? The man is a fraud

Posted from TSR Mobile

Elneny is a B2B Midfielder
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldn't classify Elneny or Flamini as defensive midfielders (wouldn't even classify Flamini as a footballer tbh), especially if you watched the game. Both were playing high up the pitch and had several chances to score themselves.
Reply 4091
Didn't watch the match, how was Elneny?
2 goals from your past 50 shooting attempts
A replay is hardly what you need - but Hull aren't the walkovers many expect. They are flying high at the top of the second tier, and they probably saw today as a chance to really cement belief in their players as they sit at the top of the Championship.
Original post by Mackay
A replay is hardly what you need - but Hull aren't the walkovers many expect. They are flying high at the top of the second tier, and they probably saw today as a chance to really cement belief in their players as they sit at the top of the Championship.

Hull have kept their squad from last season intact and they're too good for the Championship, they'll win it easily. To be perfectly honest they should never have been relegated from the Premier League. Lets not forget they made 10 changes though.

The replay will be after Arsenal get knocked out of the Champions League, so Wenger will probably play his first team.

Original post by sevchenko
Elneny is a B2B Midfielder

He is? I swear everyone was saying he was Coquelin's back up.
Original post by sr90
Hull have kept their squad from last season intact and they're too good for the Championship, they'll win it easily. To be perfectly honest they should never have been relegated from the Premier League. Lets not forget they made 10 changes though.

The replay will be after Arsenal get knocked out of the Champions League, so Wenger will probably play his first team.

Ten changes at a promotion-chasing side isn't the same as ten changes in most second tier sides, though.

I absolutely agree about the relegation point. They should never have found themselves in the second tier. It's funny when you look around Hull's squad - because so many of them could do a job for a bottom half PL side. You look at Villa's, though, and there's not one player I'd take if I was at a PL club below 10th. Maybe Gestede, and Gil and Ayew, but no others.
Original post by Mackay
Ten changes at a promotion-chasing side isn't the same as ten changes in most second tier sides, though.

I absolutely agree about the relegation point. They should never have found themselves in the second tier. It's funny when you look around Hull's squad - because so many of them could do a job for a bottom half PL side. You look at Villa's, though, and there's not one player I'd take if I was at a PL club below 10th. Maybe Gestede, and Gil and Ayew, but no others.

I honestly don't think that Villa squad would finish in the top half of the Championship.
Original post by sr90
I honestly don't think that Villa squad would finish in the top half of the Championship.

They absolutely wouldn't. They'd be scrapping at the bottom with Rotherham, MK Dons and Bolton.
I'm already looking at squad numbers for next season. Bellerin 2, Campbell 7 and Cazorla 8 (agree?)
Original post by AliRizzo
Claude is really starting to boil my piss the fu*king c*nt. He'd be first to criticize Wenger if we played our strongest squad today and picked up injuries. That channel is becoming an absolute embarrassment.

That fat bastard the guy from storage hunters is even worse

Latest