The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

gay gunners
Imagine genuinely thinking we aren't going to do a mad one vs Barca and make them look like mugs by sneaking a cheeky 2-2 draw at home before getting abused like a 15 year old girl when Adam Johnson/ @shawn_o1 is around at Camp Nou.

Also, what genuinely special kid suggested starting Neny and Welbz with Walcott up top? Genuinely chuckled then muttered to myself "what a bellend"
Marca front page says Barcelona's Las Palmas win was just "a warm up" for the Arsenal tie, apparently.
Sport (Barcelona-based newspaper) front page being as arrogant as ever, saying Arsenal don't have a chance. Yet they'll be the ones dishing the dirt on the Catalans if we aren't beaten 5-0
Original post by Mackay
Marca front page says Barcelona's Las Palmas win was just "a warm up" for the Arsenal tie, apparently.

Well they only won 2-1 against the side bottom of La Liga I believe, so this arrogance isn't warranted imo.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Well they only won 2-1 against the side bottom of La Liga I believe, so this arrogance isn't warranted imo.

Yet they also beat Madrid 4-0. I'm sure they won't be playing like they did on Saturday lol

No point taking the Papers seriously anyway. I doubt Barcelona will be going into the game believing its a cake walk.
(edited 8 years ago)
Thierry Henry is a snake.

Line up for tomorrow:

Cech, Bellerin, Per, Koscielny, Monreal, Ramsey, Coquelin, Ox, Ozil, Alexis, G-Rude.

Heard it here first.
Original post by angelfox
Thierry Henry is a snake.

Line up for tomorrow:

Cech, Bellerin, Per, Koscielny, Monreal, Ramsey, Coquelin, Ox, Ozil, Alexis, G-Rude.

Heard it here first.

In a game where we're going to have little possession and need to keep hold of the ball when we have it why would we play Ox?
In a game where we're going to have little possession and need to keep hold of the ball when we have it why would we play Ox?

Who else would we play? It makes sense when you think about it, and I think he'll put in a performance tomorrow.

Don't question my sources fella.
Original post by angelfox
Don't question my sources fella.

Fight me. Be outside the George at 5pm.
Original post by AliRizzo
Who else would we play? It makes sense when you think about it, and I think he'll put in a performance tomorrow.

Campbell and Walcott undoubtedly better choices imo. But both got a lot of minutes on the weekend so maybe not. Would love Wengs to banter them off and play:

Cech
Chambers Kosc Mert Mon
Bellerin Coq Flam Gibbo
Neny Rambo

just for the chat
Fight me. Be outside the George at 5pm.

I'm brining my mob along. Be there. Fists only.
TerStegen
Douglas Bartra Vermaelen Adriano
Aleix Mascherano Sergi Rafinha
Sandro Munir

even this could give Arsenal a run for their money
Also why would you have Giroud in a game where you are almost certain to play on the counter?
Original post by leinad2012
Campbell and Walcott undoubtedly better choices imo. But both got a lot of minutes on the weekend so maybe not. Would love Wengs to banter them off and play:

Cech
Chambers Kosc Mert Mon
Bellerin Coq Flam Gibbo
Neny Rambo

just for the chat

Tbf Wenger already did a mad bantz when he started Sanogo up front against Bayern
Barca will just score a few then back off.

Nou Camp is where they'll go HAM.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Also why would you have Giroud in a game where you are almost certain to play on the counter?

For the hold up play one would assume. We've done it before and I think with all our fast players off form it makes sense tbh.

Original post by Rk2k14
Barca will just score a few then back off.

Nou Camp is where they'll go HAM.

I'm genuinely stunned how loud every non Arsenal fan is getting. Are we favourites? No. Have we beaten every top team to come the Emirates in Europe over the past few years? Yes (inb4 Monaco chat). Barca at home is bread and butter to Wengs, in the same way he eats Peps teams up at the Emirates for fun.
Monaco though.
Arsenal will win the Premier League and If they get through Barcelona they will win the Champions league !!!
(you heard it here first)

Latest