The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6200
Tbf, if Wenger is about the one top signing per window thing (Ozil, Alexis, Cech).. then perhaps it'll be a striker in the summer.

I know I'm setting myself up for a disgusting summer though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
We should have signed Dybala ahead of Juve.
Original post by sevchenko
Name tangible options who would fulfill your criteria.

Lukaku?
Ibra?
Lacazette?

I've named 3 potential gambles(gambles in the way that Morata was a gamble for Juventus last year) and I am pretty sure that they would do a better job up front than Giroud.

Vietto may have system problems if you need a hold up player as he's not very tall but he's got good pace on him.
Icardi is tried and tested for Inter.
Baston probably could go for cheap if Simeone does not fancy him and could possibly be an absolute gem when you look at his goal record. He's helped Eibar get into a midtable spot when they probably were highly likely to go straight back down.

Other than that you're looking at paying loads of money for strikers that probably would not want to come to Arsenal.
Ozil's going Bayern in the summer guys
I just hope Wenger, Walcott, Chamberlain, Giroud, Flamini (there's more) all gtfo out of this club.
Original post by al_94
What striker can Arsenal buy it's easy to say we need one but that doesn't mean we are getting one

Arsene has had the opportunity to buy plenty of top strikers for years, they just went to all the other clubs. This is the guy who turned down Fabregas and let him go to a title rival, which directly lead to them winning the title.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Arsene has had the opportunity to buy plenty of top strikers for years, they just went to all the other clubs. This is the guy who turned down Fabregas and let him go to a title rival, which directly lead to them winning the title.

And leaves us starting players like Flamini and Elneny at CM against Barcelona in the CL. But Wenger still insists that there are no players out there that would strengthen our side. Sure.
Original post by ozzyoscy

Yeah but i'm talking about now. Give me one name of an established top striker Arsenal can buy?
We're not ambitious enough to get a so called "WC striker". They will look at our terrible injury record, fractious fanbase and lack of leadership on the pitch before making a decision on us (which is usually No). Of course, none of this matters if said player was surplus at a bigger club, but that's unlikely for the best strikers around
Reply 6210
Original post by al_94
Yeah but i'm talking about now. Give me one name of an established top striker Arsenal can buy?

Aubameyang.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6211
Ibra's game as never been dependent on pace - which is why he's still that good at this age (..albeit in France - might bottle it here..)

He's for free, we should be all over that - and go for another striker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6212
Original post by sevchenko
Name tangible options who would fulfill your criteria.

Lukaku?
Ibra?
Lacazette?

I know where you're going with this, and while I get that there's a shortage of strikers, we do need a change upfront. While Giroud & Theo may have good spells, they aren't consistent enough to win us the league (even though it may look like they might when they go on their crazy runs)

It would literally be breaking the bank massively and doing a United-esque transfer - potentially overpaying for someone. I'd love us to go all out for Lewandowski tbh.. but Aubameyang seems like someone who fits that criterea - and is more realistic.

Do you have any tangible options in mind?
@SA-1 Thoughts on that we're strongly linked Koura from Ligue 2 for £2 million?

If we get him, Chuba comes back, and start the season with welbeck, giroud and theo fit, it will just be LOL that people were throwing names like lewandowski and aubameyang around.
Reply 6214
Original post by swirly
@SA-1 Thoughts on that we're strongly linked Koura from Ligue 2 for £2 million?

If we get him, Chuba comes back, and start the season with welbeck, giroud and theo fit, it will just be LOL that people were throwing names like lewandowski and aubameyang around.

More than likely tbh.

We've already signed them young guns from Nigeria & we have Giroud, Theo and Welbz. Overload of strikers

:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He said he doesn't want to come to Arsenal those transfer rumors are fake
Original post by SA-1
I know where you're going with this, and while I get that there's a shortage of strikers, we do need a change upfront. While Giroud & Theo may have good spells, they aren't consistent enough to win us the league (even though it may look like they might when they go on their crazy runs)

It would literally be breaking the bank massively and doing a United-esque transfer - potentially overpaying for someone. I'd love us to go all out for Lewandowski tbh.. but Aubameyang seems like someone who fits that criterea - and is more realistic.

Do you have any tangible options in mind?

Get real mate, even if Bayern were to accept a bid for lew (which they wouldn't) why the **** would he want to come here?

Lukaku and Ibra are the most realistic decent targets and I doubt ibra would join a team led by wenger with a loser mentality
Original post by al_94

It's a problem all the top clubs are having at the moment. Last summer - Man City could've done with another striker, Chelsea could've done with a better backup to Costa. Liverpool could've done with someone better than Benteke. Spurs wanted another striker to help Kane. Man Utd forked out £60mil on Martial. Arsenal didn't find anyone to buy.
Juventus bought Dybala.
Although Atlético bought Martinez and Vietto and neither of them worked out.
City bought Bony in january and he's been average.

Ibra hands down should be bought in the summer by whatever premier league club wants him.

Latest