The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Because Mourinho would really bench Martial + Memphis because of their ages and not performances...

Brb Ake and Bertrand not Europe's Golden Boy.
Reply 6981
Mourinho would probably bench De Gea
Van Gaal is promoting youth and building a dynasty for years to come.

Nothing to do with most of them playing purely because of injuries...

Or the fact he plays their most talented youth in the wrong position.

I'm still astounded that United still have fans who support LVG :rofl: I honestly don't know who's worse between him and Wenger.
LvG himself admits he might still be gone even if he wins a trophy, while Arsene and his bunch of yes men could reward themselves and stay on even if we don't get CL football next season.

3rd: £98m + €12m (CL)
5th: £95m + €0.22m (EL 3Q if Liverpool win EL)

So what's that, £12.1m lost? We'd recuperate that with BIG prices on Ozil and Sanchez. If we also laid off others on big wages, then Wenger would still be able to earn his corn. Think he'll stick around till we're relegated, and of course I don't want that to happen. The fans who pay the highest ticket prices do not want to see another Newcastle or Villa
(edited 7 years ago)
You lot reckon Tom.Gotze still thinks Leicester will drop out of top 4?

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mackay
Arsenal 2-1 Leicester City:

Original post by IamJacksContempt
Van Gaal is promoting youth and building a dynasty for years to come.

Nothing to do with most of them playing purely because of injuries...

Or the fact he plays their most talented youth in the wrong position.

I'm still astounded that United still have fans who support LVG :rofl: I honestly don't know who's worse between him and Wenger.

How is Martial playing in the wrong position? At the age of 19/20 you don't really have a position. Martial is much more effective on the left because he can run at defenders and he loves slotting it into the far corner with his right foot, or cutting a cross back.

Do you know anything about football?
Original post by Manchester United
How is Martial playing in the wrong position? At the age of 19/20 you don't really have a position. Martial is much more effective on the left because he can run at defenders and he loves slotting it into the far corner with his right foot, or cutting a cross back.

Do you know anything about football?

Lets just ignore the fact Martial has explicitly stated in interviews before saying how he prefers to play in the centre.

Also who said I was talking strictly about Martial?

The players played "out of position by LVG in the 15/16. Some were obviously due to a lack of options, others are just complete stupidity.

Oh and one last thing. If left wing was the position always intended for Martial, why exactly did they buy Depay/(new Ronaldo)?
Original post by Dirtybit

My dad always told me not to smoke, because so many of his family does, including my grandparents.

My grandma passed away a few years ago from lung cancer and it was hell for my dad and extended family watching her suffer for so long.

And out of fear of possibly putting my own family through that one day I've never smoked my whole life - and now I kind of regret that because that picture gave me cancer anyway.
Are you actually retarded?

Whereas your squad has most players at peak, including Sanchez, Ozil, Giroud, and you could be in a scrap for 4th with a bunch of kids. That's completely embarrassing, but it sums up your stuck-in-the-mud club that bottles just about everything.

#WengerIn

lol '"The next wave of United dominance" You consistently out spend Arsenal in terms of transfer fees and wages plus you've spent a ton of money on 'ready made' first team players, yet your using the kids argument.

Whatever you say mate, the whole rebuilding thing is just a guise to justify failure in Europe and in the league along with the fact that United have regressed to the 'bottlers' Arsenal's level due to gross managerial incompetence.

We weren't talking about Arsenal at all so why bring them up? Classic defensive behavior, I expect no less from a United fan struggling to adjust to the harsh reality that post SAF United.

Would have taken you more seriously if you didn't have to result to such pathetic levels ad hominem too.
do u even total football
FA Cup though

Oh, is it classed as a major trophy now united could win it? Funny considering it hasn't counted as a major trophy for the last 2 seasons according to some on this forum..
Original post by Dirtybit

My word. What a find, Dirtybit.
Original post by leinad2012
Oh, is it classed as a major trophy now united could win it? Funny considering it hasn't counted as a major trophy for the last 2 seasons according to some on this forum..

It's the third biggest trophy.
Reply 6994
Original post by swirly
Southampton and Watford.....

Hardly setting the world alight are they

Bertrand is probably the best LB in the premier league currently.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Bertrand is probably the best LB in the premier league currently.

imagine thinking I of all people gave a ****

am I really one of those posters that write out soliloquies and dissertations on football.

brb writing out a monologue in iambic pentameter to explain why Monreal is better
Reply 6996
Savage af

hold tight jam
Has this been the most disappointing ending to a season ever?

Only 10/11 comes close, but this has been a joke
Original post by angelfox
Has this been the most disappointing ending to a season ever?

Only 10/11 comes close, but this has been a joke

The bigger joke was who we had to turn to today! Oh Wenger, it was all last summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
The bigger joke was who we had to turn to today! Oh Wenger, it was all last summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol peak of last summer was when we rustled Benzema

Latest