The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is that gonna be 3 long term injuries in 3 seasons at arsenal.

Mirin the doping at Carrington. :colonhash:

If you're the best then take the test. Time for the whole league to pee in a cup.

Only club with some integrity ffs.
Welbeck injured just in time and just long enough for him to be getting back to fitness next January when Wenger can claim it's like a new signing :awesome:
Jokes on you when we sign Durant:colonhash:
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Just pull their hair and Louis will be round real quick...

This mug again?

Why don't you do something productive, like drink bleach?
Original post by swirly
Jokes on you when we sign Durant:colonhash:

Last I heard, the footballers that go by that surname (or Durrant, Durante etc.) are way too obscure. If you meant the Pokémon, well we should've signed Shedinja to keep goal
Original post by Truthteller10
This mug again?

Why don't you do something productive, like drink bleach?

What I don't get is quite how we bottled it. If you looked at arsenal's team, you would say it's a side with far too many squad players and few world class talent. Our results say the opposite to what you'd expect from such a squad; the best h2h record against the top 4 for the first time in YEARS (undefeated too) yet bottling at home to **** teams. The opposite of a team with so many squad players. It's just odd tbh.

New cb, back up rb if Debuchy leaves (no one talks about it but Bellerin has plaued pretty much every game this season. A 3 month lay off with Chambers as back up would **** us), a cdm, a rw and a striker needed in all honesty.

Gonna throw a few questions out that I've seen today:
Ramsey played his best football at cam. Surely we should play him there when Ozil is injured rather than Iwobi Welbeck etc? Also, I really think a RamboWilsh b2b cam combo would work in Ozils absence, and provides us with the ability to phase out Cazorla next year with neny Wilshere fighting for b2b next to Coq or a different cdm (kante the dream obs).
Secondly, Gotze is looking likely to leave in the summer (read as definitely given their new signings). Should we be on that? Going to throw an outlandish statement out there, but the best 2 international sides in the past 10 years (Spain and Germany) have seen HUGEHUGE success playing a false 9/ no striker. Why have we never tried it? Our set up of creative midfielders makes it seem a sensible prospect, especially if we can get Wilshere and Ramsey scoring. The thought of Gotze at Liverpool scares the **** out of me tbf.
Lastly, whilst I'm not his biggest fan, people are way too harsh on Walcott. He's had 6 months of really, REALlY **** form but 12 months ago half the posters on here were sucking his left testicle after he scored in the cup final. Our fans need to stop basing the quality of the player on the past 6 months. If there was one winger I'd keep (bar Sanchez), it'd be Walcott, becuase he's proven his worth in past years and maybe if our fans backed him he wouldn't be in such poor form.
Original post by shawn_o1
Welbeck is out till next February. Yep. As long as Wenger and his medics are in charge we'll forever have three or four players on our books who can't play. And that is enough of a turn off for the majority of potential superstars, on top of our lack of ambition.

Yep, becuase an impact injury is Wenger's fault... if it's a muscular injuryfrom insufficent warm up then fair enough but blaming Wenger for an impact injury is ****ing ridiculous
Original post by leinad2012
Yep, becuase an impact injury is Wenger's fault... if it's a muscular injuryfrom insufficent warm up then fair enough but blaming Wenger for an impact injury is ****ing ridiculous

We've had Diaby, Rosicky, Wilshere and Walcott suffer injuries that took at least two seasons of playing off each of them. And the same is going to happen to Welbeck. At other clubs there might be one or two players with the bad luck that befalls them wrt injuries. They're shipped off ASAP and the club and players move on (i.e. they learn to prevent the injury curse from afflicting their most important players). But for us, we choose to stick with them :angry:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7329
What I don't get is quite how we bottled it. If you looked at arsenal's team, you would say it's a side with far too many squad players and few world class talent. Our results say the opposite to what you'd expect from such a squad; the best h2h record against the top 4 for the first time in YEARS (undefeated too) yet bottling at home to **** teams. The opposite of a team with so many squad players. It's just odd tbh.

New cb, back up rb if Debuchy leaves (no one talks about it but Bellerin has plaued pretty much every game this season. A 3 month lay off with Chambers as back up would **** us), a cdm, a rw and a striker needed in all honesty.

Gonna throw a few questions out that I've seen today:
Ramsey played his best football at cam. Surely we should play him there when Ozil is injured rather than Iwobi Welbeck etc? Also, I really think a RamboWilsh b2b cam combo would work in Ozils absence, and provides us with the ability to phase out Cazorla next year with neny Wilshere fighting for b2b next to Coq or a different cdm (kante the dream obs).
Secondly, Gotze is looking likely to leave in the summer (read as definitely given their new signings). Should we be on that? Going to throw an outlandish statement out there, but the best 2 international sides in the past 10 years (Spain and Germany) have seen HUGEHUGE success playing a false 9/ no striker. Why have we never tried it? Our set up of creative midfielders makes it seem a sensible prospect, especially if we can get Wilshere and Ramsey scoring. The thought of Gotze at Liverpool scares the **** out of me tbf.
Lastly, whilst I'm not his biggest fan, people are way too harsh on Walcott. He's had 6 months of really, REALlY **** form but 12 months ago half the posters on here were sucking his left testicle after he scored in the cup final. Our fans need to stop basing the quality of the player on the past 6 months. If there was one winger I'd keep (bar Sanchez), it'd be Walcott, becuase he's proven his worth in past years and maybe if our fans backed him he wouldn't be in such poor form.

When we were dropping points to **** teams on the regular and I said "these points are going to hurt us" and you man were saying nah fam it's just one game. Told you so, especially after the 4-0 Southampton in January loss I knew we were out of it.

Ramsey and Wilshere have never really shon when they've played together (albeit very little). I don't think we need a new CDM, not one of Coquelin mould at least. Coquelin, as brilliant as he is, is a very one sided player. Although he does his job brilliantly, think we need a bit more from a player in our midfield. Perfectly fine in the big games or when we need to defend a lead, but I don't think he should have to start every game. After that you've still got Elneny, Cazorla, Ramsey and Wilshere all fighting for 2 spots, not to forget Flamini (joke tbh but I bet he'll still be here next season.)

Definitely need a winger, as I've said at the start of the season, but you man were calling me out when I said players like Ox were Crystal Palace level :lol:.
I'd prefer us to go with : Sanchez, Ozil , new winger.
Have Iwobi and Campbell as the two backup wingers. I don't know what Campbell's done to upset Wenger but ever since he picked up form, Wenger just decided to drop him and it's frustrating. Brilliant squad player tbh and also played a big part in our City win earlier on the season.

With Welbeck's injury, and Wenger not starting Giroud as often as he use to, I think we might actually sign a striker for once. Obviously no one world class available, and if they were then it'd be more than likely they'd go to UTD or City instead. Just want someone younger than Giroud tbh. And obviously we need a new RB.

What we need :
New winger, striker, RB, CB?

What we'll get :
New RB, CAM.

Also Walcott is a criminal. He literally only turns up near to the end of his contract. Ever since we've been paying him more he's turned to ****. If he wasn't so injury prone I could have seen him left to City in the last few years tbh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1
We've had Diaby, Rosicky, Wilshere and Walcott suffer injuries that took at least two seasons of playing off each of them. And the same is going to happen to Welbeck. At other clubs there might be one or two players with the bad luck that befalls them wrt injuries. They're shipped off ASAP and the club and players move on (i.e. they learn to prevent the injury curse from afflicting their most important players). But for us, we choose to stick with them :angry:

I'mnot refuting that. I'm saying blaming Wenger for an IMPACT injury is absolutely ridiculous
Premier League assists in 2016

Sheyi Ojo - 4
Mesut Ozil - 2

Thoughts?
Original post by sr90
Premier League assists in 2016

Sheyi Ojo - 4
Mesut Ozil - 2

Thoughts?

They can have Ojo for 10m + Özil
Original post by AR_95
When we were dropping points to **** teams on the regular and I said "these points are going to hurt us" and you man were saying nah fam it's just one game. Told you so, especially after the 4-0 Southampton in January loss I knew we were out of it.

Ramsey and Wilshere have never really shon when they've played together (albeit very little). I don't think we need a new CDM, not one of Coquelin mould at least. Coquelin, as brilliant as he is, is a very one sided player. Although he does his job brilliantly, think we need a bit more from a player in our midfield. Perfectly fine in the big games or when we need to defend a lead, but I don't think he should have to start every game. After that you've still got Elneny, Cazorla, Ramsey and Wilshere all fighting for 2 spots, not to forget Flamini (joke tbh but I bet he'll still be here next season.)

Definitely need a winger, as I've said at the start of the season, but you man were calling me out when I said players like Ox were Crystal Palace level :lol:.
I'd prefer us to go with : Sanchez, Ozil , new winger.
Have Iwobi and Campbell as the two backup wingers. I don't know what Campbell's done to upset Wenger but ever since he picked up form, Wenger just decided to drop him and it's frustrating. Brilliant squad player tbh and also played a big part in our City win earlier on the season.

With Welbeck's injury, and Wenger not starting Giroud as often as he use to, I think we might actually sign a striker for once. Obviously no one world class available, and if they were then it'd be more than likely they'd go to UTD or City instead. Just want someone younger than Giroud tbh. And obviously we need a new RB.

What we need :
New winger, striker, RB, CB?

What we'll get :
New RB, CAM.

Also Walcott is a criminal. He literally only turns up near to the end of his contract. Ever since we've been paying him more he's turned to ****. If he wasn't so injury prone I could have seen him left to City in the last few years tbh.

I've said all along we need a new winger? Still think ox has some potential, needs loaning out tbh and a change of mindset.
Ibra or Lukaku are obvious choices, or your pen fraud Lacazette who I don't rate in the slightest.
As for rb Aurier seems a potential choice even if a risky one, maybe Debuchy will stay anyway.
CB is a tough one. Mert is over the cliff now, Kosc has had a 6/10 season, but I really believe Gabby will have a breakthrough season next year. All our cbs have taken 18 months to adapt to the pl. Still, i new cb will be needed at some point in the next 18 months or so.
Im torn on cdm, Kante looks the real deal, but maybe El Neny is being moulded to play cdm anyway.
The dream is Mahrez for rw and a top striker like Ibra, but I can't see either happening. Griezmann would be a mad one too, he's french which helps, but already plays a key role in a far superior team.
Ibra or Lukaku are obvious choices, or your pen fraud Lacazette who I don't rate in the slightest.

What about Troy Deeney? 12 goals this season now.
Original post by sr90

Didn't you say he'd get 20 goals + assists or something?

What's he on now in total?
Original post by Lúcio
Didn't you say he'd get 20 goals + assists or something?

What's he on now in total?

19 :lol:
Reply 7337
I've said all along we need a new winger? Still think ox has some potential, needs loaning out tbh and a change of mindset.
As for rb Aurier seems a potential choice even if a risky one, maybe Debuchy will stay anyway.
CB is a tough one. Mert is over the cliff now, Kosc has had a 6/10 season, but I really believe Gabby will have a breakthrough season next year. All our cbs have taken 18 months to adapt to the pl. Still, i new cb will be needed at some point in the next 18 months or so.
Im torn on cdm, Kante looks the real deal, but maybe El Neny is being moulded to play cdm anyway.
The dream is Mahrez for rw and a top striker like Ibra, but I can't see either happening. Griezmann would be a mad one too, he's french which helps, but already plays a key role in a far superior team.

No chance on Ibra, pretty sure he's going back to Milan. Lukaku is also unlikely either but Everton have been poor, and if Martinez gets the sack I could probably see Lukaku forcing a move anyway. Would happily pay the likes of £30-40m for Lukaku considering his age, how much Everton have bought him for , and also the lack of/high demand for strikers right now. Lacazette has 21 goals in 33 apps, only 2 of those were penalties.. Even then that's a 19 in 33 record which is more than 1 in 2, I don't understand what more you can expect from him? Piss poor league I know, but like I said, we don't need a world class striker especially if we buy the right winger. Lacazette's definitely an improvement on Welbeck, and going by this season, Giroud too.

Would not mind a new CB tbh. I don't have faith in Gabriel. He doesn't seem like one of those players that consistently perform even when the rest of the defenders are playing ****. Defenders like Monreal and Koscielny have that quality. For once I would like to actually shell out for a CB but knowing Wenger it won't happen.

Griezmann is a dream. Even if he were to be available it's more than likely he'd go to City or UTD instead.
Still though, thank **** it's a Euro summer. Plenty of transfer activity in general and I do have faith that Wenger will sign 3 or 4 players this summer. If he doesn't then I probs just won't watch Arsenal next season lol.
Number of assists by player you wish you had in an arbitrary amount of time to make him look bad - 2
Number of assists by a **** player in the form of his life during that arbitrary amount of time - 4.

Here's a good stat, where are Liverpool and Manchester United in the league? - Not in the top 4...
Original post by sr90

-7 penalties...

Latest