The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

£30m on another midfielder

Spend that money on a centre forward ffs
Good to see us seemingly moving quickly this window.

Looks like wenger has seen that the squad is not as perfect as he thought. Clearly he has been building a team, and last summer he thought he was as good as done. Now after a dissapointing (but not disasterous) season, he has the clear message that the squad is still not in a position to win the league.

Problem wenger misses is that the biggest barrier to not winning the league is him.

Dont care who we bring in.. unless they are absolute class (suarez quality) then it wont make a diffference. This year we have a better squad then leicster. Take managers, tactics and leadership out of the question, and we hammer leicster. The difference has been their manager, and the unbelievable work he has done to transform players who finished 17th last season, to title winners the season after. The mentality he helped them achieve, the confidence, the play style, the team-work.. everything transformed them into winners. Give the same players pulis for a season, and they come 10-15th and play awful boring football.

This year we did not win the league because of players in our squad, we won it because we have a manager who is incapable of giving his team the leadership they need to push them to actually winning, to help them keep their bottle in the tough moments, and force them through hard times.

---

Its good that he is acting quickly, as next year I am confident the big clubs will bounce back.. pep, mohrinho, klopp, etc. Need to spend to keep up with them, and keep our top4 place.
Original post by AR_95
AR99? u **** :angry:

How ****ing dare you call me a predator...

Mine was just a typo, you've got a ****ing nerve son
Original post by James.Carnell
Business being done early this year. With Wenger saying there will definitely be signings. Man, Wenger must definitely be pissed off with the players.

I suspect he knows it's his last year so he's going all out to try and win something before he goes. Similar to how Sir Alex bought RVP

Think you'll ditch Walcott, Ox, Gibbs and a few others too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kenan and Kel
£30m on another midfielder

Spend that money on a centre forward ffs

Arsenal have money so why not both? They missed Cazorla when he got injured and had no one good enough to replace him this so Xhaka will remedy this.
Original post by swirly
Why?

Pep would have surely gone for him if he was top quality, and it's not like Man United haven't been calling for a CM since Scholes retired. Add to that, Bayern buy all the best in Germany and didn't come for him.

Pep did kind of go for him. City were interested, but we just got everything tied down early.
Original post by samir12
Arsenal have money so why not both? They missed Cazorla when he got injured and had no one good enough to replace him this so Xhaka will remedy this.

They're not going to buy a CF now, not a proper one anyway. Been their #1 priority since Robin left.
Reply 7527
Original post by Kenan and Kel
They're not going to buy a CF now, not a proper one anyway. Been their #1 priority since Robin left.

July-Sept and Feb-April is the worst time to be an Arsenal fan
Original post by SA-1
July-Sept and Feb-April is the worst time to be an Arsenal fan

Yeah, having to hear false transfer rumours from Tim Payton and all the other media luvvies.
Xhaka might just be the viera replacement we've been waiting for, maybe, just maybe. But i worry for the likes of Elneny and Coquelin, who won't get game time.

Wenger says he expects 3 signings this season, so ideally, a top class striker?
Evidence for this is in the interview after aston villa, wenger said something along the lines of, Giroud is a strange one, he scores a lot in one period and does not score for a while and welbeck is out so a striker could be coming in.
A new defender?
Lets be honest if we get xhaka and a new striker then the last piece of the spine is a new Cb alongside Koscielny and we have been cost by Gabriel cocking up (but can still improve) and Mertesacker is v. inconsistent.

As for a RW, i think sanchez will play there as he has created more of an impact there this season, i think teams have found out how to stop him when he plays LW, and we have many players who can play RW/LW anyway, Eg. Ramsey, Wilshere, Campbell, Walcott, Iwobi and Ox and even cazorla, ozil can play there.

So Imo, top priority now is a ST and a CB
Reply 7530
Confirmed lads, even Sky Sports are reporting it

image.jpeg
Original post by swirly
Why?

Pep would have surely gone for him if he was top quality, and it's not like Man United haven't been calling for a CM since Scholes retired. Add to that, Bayern buy all the best in Germany and didn't come for him.

By that logic no player Arsenal sign will be top quality seeing as they would have been tapped up by the few other bigger clubs.
Reply 7532
Original post by leinad2012
How ****ing dare you call me a predator...

Mine was just a typo, you've got a ****ing nerve son

Predator? Wait what?
Original post by AliRizzo
By that logic no player Arsenal sign will be top quality seeing as they would have been tapped up by the few other bigger clubs.

last top prospect arsenal signed?

dont even bother saying chambers :rofl:

top prospects are signed up by top clubs.

the only top players we sign are the deadweight being forced out of top clubs.
Acting like he's the second Viera ffs.
It took Walcott 6 seasons to have 1.5 good seasons with us,
Ramsey 5 seasons to do the same.
If Ox stays with us it must be because he's ready to do the same :colone:
Then we'll all clamour for his departure in 2018 when we bottle yet another title :biggrin:
Original post by AR_95
Predator? Wait what?

You quoted me as Shawn fam
Original post by Rk2k14
Acting like he's the second Viera ffs.

But Martial is next Henry and Rashford next C. Ronaldo right fam?
Original post by leinad2012
But Martial is next Henry and Rashford next C. Ronaldo right fam?

Poor form lad.
I think we finally got our DLP midfielder, and yet everyone is so pissed off with this season that it is just consolation.

Latest