The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swirly
Imagine a front 3 of him, Martial and Rashford :coma:

Wait, you know him?

Yeah, wanted to ask that.
Original post by James.Carnell
Tbh Elneny is a good utility player, a Dirk Kuyt type of place in the team that will be happy to play wherever he is asked.

Maybe, but you would only play him down the middle, where we have Coq Xhaka Wilshere Ramsey Cazorla Ozil still for 3 positions. And he doesn't fit in with our system at all, Neny Coq is too defensive and lacks any creativity and Neny Ramsey leaves a ton of gaps for the counter. He seems a really average signing really
Original post by swirly

Wait, you know him?

Yeah I knew him :frown:

Martial Iwobi Rashford on Fifa 17 career mode!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by swirly

Wait, you know him?

Basically the black version of Messi Neymar Suare
Original post by Dirtybit
Yeah I knew him

pls give stories.
Original post by swirly
pls give stories.

What's your email?
What's your email?

Original post by swirly

Classified information gunna be classified

Spoiler

Classified information gunna be classified

Spoiler

just wanted to know if his parents went to his sports day tbh ?
Original post by swirly
just wanted to know if his parents went to his sports day tbh ?

Mabye you should ask his parents :redface:
Original post by leinad2012
Maybe, but you would only play him down the middle, where we have Coq Xhaka Wilshere Ramsey Cazorla Ozil still for 3 positions. And he doesn't fit in with our system at all, Neny Coq is too defensive and lacks any creativity and Neny Ramsey leaves a ton of gaps for the counter. He seems a really average signing really

He has a strong physical presence and can break up play pretty well. It's good for certain games. His engine is also great for physical games. With him playing I don't see us being overrun by Chelsea on the break for instance (provided you play him next to Xhaka).
Xhaka can also put in a shift defensively so essentially we now have 3 CM who can defend. Elneny, Xhaka, Coq. The squad depth is important when we have so many games in quick succession throughout the season.

In terms of the others:
Wilshere: Surely has to start

Cazorla: Can see his place in the team being less relevant now that we have
Xhaka and he can recycle the ball and distribute just as well from deep. Very good sub option to have though.

Ramsey: B2B and has the goals if he can get into form... but essentially the other CM will have to babysit him defensively. I would start him purely for the fact that we know that he can score goals and because Giroud is unreliable.

Ozil: Has to start through the middle.

My midfield choice would be something like this:

Elneny/Coq-Xhaka
Wilshere-Ozil-Alexis

Now that midfield would win games. Hence why the striker is so important to get us over the line. That midfield will create a lot of chances.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think by himself Elneny seems a very average signing but when you look at how he can compliment the other players, you can see the value of what he offers.

A good striker completely changes the dynamics of this team. It is so vital.
(edited 7 years ago)
7 midfielders for 3 starting spots seems good enough for a team playing 52 games a season
Original post by shawn_o1
7 midfielders for 3 starting spots seems good enough for a team playing 52 games a season

What team is that?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jimmy Seville

What team is that?

38 league games

8 champions league games

3 league cup games

3 fa cup games

What team is that?

38 PL games
6 CL group games
2 KO CL games (L16)
6 FA/League Cup games

Why is that unreasonable to you?
Reply 7696
Original post by Pete_91
38 PL games
6 CL group games
2 KO CL games (L16)
6 FA/League Cup games

We are genuinely a striker away from being a very good team. A defender & a striker away from being a very very good team.

I do think the number 9 will be taken by someone worthy of it this season

Inb4 Sanogo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pete_91
38 PL games
6 CL group games
2 KO CL games (L16)
6 FA/League Cup games

Original post by swirly
38 league games8 champions league games3 league cup games3 fa cup games

As if a team managed by Arsene Wenger will play that many.

As if a team managed by Arsene Wenger will play that many.

We played 53 games this season (54 if you cound the CS)...
Mans talking about games played when his side will more than likely play 40 next season :biggrin:

We are a striker and Winger away from being real challengers imo. We'd have as strong a starting XI as everyone bar maybe city and Chelsea, but far more depth and a team that's been playing together for a while. The issue is who? Morata isn't taking us to the next level for a few years imo, nor is Lacazette. Even a move for Aubamayang would be far too ambitious. Lukaku is probably most realistic, but he's not proven in CL and is streaky as ****

Latest