The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SA-1
Not too sure about him tbh, in his last season he got, what 21 goals? Considering how **** the French league is, he should be getting more.

He did have a good season last season or the one before, where he got 27 goals but I think 9 or 10 of them were penalties if I remember correctly. He hasn't been scoring many goals from open play.. Giroud got like 20 for Montpellier before he signed for us.

Having said that, literally anyone who's a slight improvement to Giroud will do

Really want Morata tbh

Laca is also a pretty big flat track bully. It'd take a couple years for him to settle I think.

Also shocked how many people want Morata considering how awful his goalscoring record is.

I'd be happy with Lukaku
(edited 7 years ago)
Imagine saying someone who's scored against Real Madrid home and away in a CL semi-final, in a CL final, in Italian Cup finals, winners away at City, Fiorentina and Dortmund isn't a worthy signing. An Arsenal fan criticizing a player with a big-game mentality is like ISIS criticizing a terror group for being too extremist.
Original post by SA-1
Also wouldn't mind Lukaku tbh, with the current strikers available

Lukaku would make me excited.. but surely he is well out of our price range?
Morata / Lacazette seem more likely (coupled with this japanese kid). but both worry me..

Still such a complete lack of strikers around at the moment tbh.

England is actually producing some of the most promising.. lets just nab kane from spurs.. dont care how much we pay, the season is a success after we piss them off that much.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Imagine saying someone who's scored against Real Madrid home and away in a CL semi-final, in a CL final, in Italian Cup finals, winners away at City, Fiorentina and Dortmund isn't a worthy signing. An Arsenal fan criticizing a player with a big-game mentality is like ISIS criticizing a terror group for being too extremist.

And yet his goal scoring abilities in league games is abysmal? We had the best record against the rest of the top 4 this season, it was loses against the bottom half that cost us.
57mil for Morata, a player who still hasn't scored more than 10 league goals in a season, is daylight robbery.
Giroud is still better than all of those options, legit.
None of them are as streaky as Giroud.

brb 7 goals in 5/6 games
inb4 0 goals in 15 games

What if it was al queda doing the criticism.
Original post by atom y humber
What if it was al queda doing the criticism.

That's like Real Madrid saying money in football is getting out of hand.
Messi tryna to pull a Wenger "I didn't see the incident" classic on his tax avoidance.

Spoiler

How has draxler been at the euros?

Only been able to watch one germany game, and he looked good to me in that one.

Drax, Xhaka, Striker, japanese kid..

Would be a solid window, though it leaves me worried defensivly.
Draxler would suggest no striker realistically
Original post by leinad2012
Draxler would suggest no striker realistically

Sanogo is back, he's like a new signing.
Reply 8454
Draxler & Lacazette/Lukaku

Also, why hasn't anyone gone for Reus??
(edited 7 years ago)
Reus is made of glass, obviously any "good player" that misses out on a tournament not because of his ability should be avoided
Original post by SA-1
Draxler & Lacazette/Lukaku

Also, why hasn't anyone gone for Rues??

Rues

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8457

Strong lies
Allow that edit.
Reply 8459
Allow that edit.

Strong conspiracy with @Mad Vlad