The Student Room Group
I am just watching with a talk from Arsene Wenger and I am once again struck with his intelligence, class and dignity in every single item he produces. We were lucky to have such a man and we rue his loss every single day.
Original post by Zürich
I am just watching with a talk from Arsene Wenger and I am once again struck with his intelligence, class and dignity in every single item he produces. We were lucky to have such a man and we rue his loss every single day.

Could have done with him deciding to leave a lot sooner than he did. Then your last sentence would still ring true.
How I've missed Arsenal Fan TV :rofl:
This Arsenal team is full of clowns, overpaid cretins and bums.

The only man I'd keep is Leno.
Reply 9984
Original post by Zürich
This Arsenal team is full of clowns, overpaid cretins and bums.

The only man I'd keep is Leno.

Martinelli is good too. Auba doing the good ol' anonymous trick again too.
Original post by bj27
Martinelli is good too. Auba doing the good ol' anonymous trick again too.

Yeah thought a Chelsea fan might remember the kid...

Auba is not that great a player, said it many times. He does tap ins vs bum teams and bottling vs the big boys.

Thing is we need some hard ass to whip these guys around and frankly take on the board and players to force the needed change. Arteta strikes me a bit of a Nancy boy and we need someone like Fergie/George Graham or even a Mourinho. Bit of creative destruction.
Original post by Justbeingmyself
How I've missed Arsenal Fan TV :rofl:

These are 100% at the forefront of Arsenal becomming a meme/banter club. I think this is because we are in London and were the best team in UK around 2002-2004 and this is the age alot of these clowns became interested in football.

But they are a disgrace in how they operate,
The player who (arguably) should have been sent off, goes on to score the winner.

Banter FC are back :lol:
Good to see Arsenal can still defend well
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Could have done with him deciding to leave a lot sooner than he did. Then your last sentence would still ring true.

Then your fall from grace probably would've started even sooner.
Original post by Zerforax
Then your fall from grace probably would've started even sooner.

Or we would have been able to add the missing ingredient to a club on the cusp of challenging for major honours.
Or we would have been able to add the missing ingredient to a club on the cusp of challenging for major honours.

The grass is not always greener. SAF and Wenger have shown after the event how much they added to their clubs.
The grass is not always greener. SAF and Wenger have shown after the event how much they added to their clubs.

Yeah, that's true. But on the flip side, if we had been more proactive in getting a new manager in earlier rather than giving Wenger contract after contract and appointing a serial bottler with no philosophy as his replacement, who knows where we'd be now.
Yeah, that's true. But on the flip side, if we had been more proactive in getting a new manager in earlier rather than giving Wenger contract after contract and appointing a serial bottler with no philosophy as his replacement, who knows where we'd be now.

A new owner was probably a bigger factor than Wenger staying/being replaced. If the top person is making a series of mistakes, it impacts its way down the club.
Reply 9994
lol the arsenal thread is on the Olivier Giroud edition. you lot have given up
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53136653

How is this possible, they're taking pity on you lol
A new owner was probably a bigger factor than Wenger staying/being replaced. If the top person is making a series of mistakes, it impacts its way down the club.

No doubt the club is completely rotten at the top. However Wenger is partly responsible for that. It was him who appointed Gazidis as CEO after all.
No doubt the club is completely rotten at the top. However Wenger is partly responsible for that. It was him who appointed Gazidis as CEO after all.

No doubt there would have been a lot of discussions to ensure Wenger felt compatible with Gazidis but crazy to think he had the final yes/no decision when you have actual owners of the club..
Is anyone happy or content with David Luiz getting a contract extension..?

Latest