Giroud is a world class striker, only Suarez is better

Banter
Original post by The Shed End
girouds hair
st totteringhams day
18 years in the champions league
49 undefeated
net spend

Just a reflection of how dire your season is going that you have to spend this much time criticising Arsenal looool
Original post by difeo
The delusion lol

Why would you be favourites against Atletico

Exactly, imo they have a better chance against real (a very very small one) than atletico this year. Theyd do best to avoid them.
Giroud is the best striker in the league. No joke.
Atlético are basically Chelsea circa 06 ffs.
we've got a better team man for man than atletico.
With the exception of Bayern and Barca. I'd say that Atletico are the best team in the CL. Arsenal certainly wouldn't be favourites. They would probably have been League and European Cup winners two seasons ago had it not been for Costa and Turan getting injured prior to the final.
Original post by Yeezy15
Exactly, imo they have a better chance against real (a very very small one) than atletico this year. Theyd do best to avoid them.

It really depends on the form of real/atletico come the round of 16 tbh, Real are still a better side than Atletico imo and will most likely finish ahead of them in the league.
the bandwagon fans are out as expected
Original post by angelfox

Angelfox is just bantering you all off lmao. At least, I hope so.

Original post by difeo
The delusion lol

Why would you be favourites against Atletico

Even I do not understand the logic used sometimes.
Not expecting us to advance past RO16, tbh.

People saying that we're better than Atletico need to be quiet until we prove that we can actually hold our own in the knockouts.

Original post by justinawe
It really depends on the form of real/atletico come the round of 16 tbh, Real are still a better side than Atletico imo and will most likely finish ahead of them in the league.

Atletico seem to set up better for big games, though. Real are better at beating the lower-table teams so they'll finish higher in the league but that doesn't really matter in the CL.
(edited 8 years ago)

Real talk take me to your dealer, guy defo has that pure ****.
Giroud is the best striker in the league. No joke.

was thinking about the lack of traditional complete no.9s in the world, and couldn't help but conclude Andy Carroll is in the top 10 of complete no.9s in the whole world.

srs
Original post by dairychocolate
Atletico seem to set up better for big games, though. Real are better at beating the lower-table teams so they'll finish higher in the league but that doesn't really matter in the CL.

I don't know about that, Real have performed pretty consistently in the CL, they've made at least semis every year for the past 5 or so years iirc. Though they were unlucky not to win it in 2013-14, you can't say Atletico have outperformed Real in the CL. That being said, Arsenal would probably struggle more against a side like Atletico match-up wise.
Yeah since Mou went to Real they been consistent semi final teams. However Atlético have been similarly good in the CL.

They got to the final in 13/14 and got to the quarters in 14/15(knocked out by one goal to Real Madrid).

They also beat Barcelona in the CL too. They are one of those teams that can end up anywhere from quarters onwards depending on the day. They could knock out Bayern personally if they faced each other.
(edited 8 years ago)
Half of Arsenal's squad would drop down injured if they went anywhere near Simeone.
Well, what a night to score your first hat-trick for the club. Hats off to Giroud.

The real work comes in the next round, though. Out of your potential opponents (Real, Atletico, Barcelona, Zenit and Wolfsburg), you best hope for the latter.
Original post by justinawe
I don't know about that, Real have performed pretty consistently in the CL, they've made at least semis every year for the past 5 or so years iirc. Though they were unlucky not to win it in 2013-14, you can't say Atletico have outperformed Real in the CL. That being said, Arsenal would probably struggle more against a side like Atletico match-up wise.

I was talking about the teams currently, as opposed to previous track record.

I'd see Benitez's Real as a more unpredictable opponent than Atletico, who will always thrive in that sort of big game, rugged defending situation. The uncertainty about which Real Madrid will turn up works in Arsenal's favour since we are, IMO, underdogs against both sides.

Original post by jam277
They could knock out Bayern personally if they faced each other.
Atletico vs Bayern is something I've wanted to see for a while now.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest