The Student Room Group

Why are my family so jealous of me?

Today I went home to see my cousins again. We had arranged lunch and an Indian movie. Our family is the only exposure they get to nice things, so they're always around.

I don't watch Indian movies because they are full of **** and aimed at people with no cerebrum. Anyway I still went to do them a favour.

And the whole time my aunt was slagging off Oxbridge - saying it was for "pretentious people". Then my cousin called me "a dick" - she's like 14. And then finally my uncle chimed in saying that I'm "letting my profession down by chasing money". It just went on and on.

I just went back to my flat after like a few hours of this crap.

But it made me think, it's so sad that people become jealous of you because they can't achieve things in their own life.

Haters = jealous people.

Just ignore them and move on. True for TSR too.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Awesome Genius
Today I went home to see my cousins again. We had arranged lunch and an Indian movie. Our family is the only exposure they get to nice things, so they're always around.

I don't watch Indian movies because they are full of **** and aimed at people with no cerebrum. Anyway I still went to do them a favour.

And the whole time my aunt was slagging off Oxbridge - saying it was for "pretentious people". Then my cousin called me "a dick" - she's like 14. And then finally my uncle chimed in saying that I'm "letting my profession down by chasing money". It just went on and on.

But it made me think, it's so sad that people become jealous of you because they can't achieve things in their own life.

Haters = jealous people.

True

/Thread
Lol ok.
But you don't have a cerebrum
Reply 4
Original post by RiotGirll
he is dead

why you obsessed with zyzz?
Your own family roastes you thats peak fam
Reply 6
Imagine being surprised at Asian families being jealous of other people.
Why would they be jealous of you? Surely they've pursued their own career paths that are fulfilling enough for them (excluding the 14 year old)
Reply 8
Original post by JD1lla
why you obsessed with zyzz?

What a silly question.
Original post by Emily.97
Why would they be jealous of you? Surely they've pursued their own career paths that are fulfilling enough for them (excluding the 14 year old)

I think it's because their elder daughter is a catastrophic failure. She just eats food and uses their money. They're upset that she didn't end up like me or my older sister.
:yawn:
Reply 11
Original post by Emily.97

Simple fact. Asian families don't like it when anyone other than their children have a good, if not better career.
(edited 8 years ago)
Distance yourself from negative people. I see them as obstacles in life that are put in place for you to avoid. Thing of them as things on a racing track. If you see for example a chipped path you avoid it by going around it. Think of them as those chipped paths that you avoid whilst doing what you intend to do whilst going in that track. In your case whatever career it maybe. Hopefully the point am making is not too confusing haha.
I think it's because their elder daughter is a catastrophic failure. She just eats food and uses their money. They're upset that she didn't end up like me or my older sister.

Thought you said they were poor fam. At least try to maintain a story for more than 3 posts if you're going to make up ****ty threads. 2/10, try harder
Original post by RiotGirll

Thank you
Reply 15
I have an aunty who always tries to advise me on what degree/career path to take when she's a housewife... :s-smilie:

"Be a doctor"
"Do medicine"

:unimpressed:
Original post by leinad2012
Thought you said they were poor fam. At least try to maintain a story for more than 3 posts if you're going to make up ****ty threads. 2/10, try harder

What bit is made up?

They're very working class and she has a crap job and has a lot of family support. You don't have to be rich to have scrounger children, it's just more convenient.
Haters = jealous people.

Yes, your experience with a few people totally mandates this generalised conclusion and there's no other reason for why somebody might dislike something other than jealousy.

#Logic101.
Reply 18
You must love it that people lap up your threads.

Haters = jealous people.

Because a lot of families don't love for some reason

When you love someone, you want them to do their best, and any amazing thing they achieve, you don't get jealous, but you're happy for them and encourage them, they don't hold you back

Some parents just lull their children into a false sense of love and belonging, it all turns out to be superficial, and you realise you were sitting in their cardboard box they made for you this whole time, then their true colours shine when you have the intelligence to grow out of the box

Quick Reply

Latest