Turn on thread page Beta

I'm in my final year, and I have not enjoyed the life of university watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I know my username sounds very ironic, but I have not enjoyed university life.

To be honest, it has been bad (there is a better word, but then it would be filtered etc). Where I have been studying (don't wish to mention), the social life was completely dead! There were only 50 societies and the campus looked like a council flat. A lot of the students commuted from home, and after say 6 P.M, the uni would be like deserted!

As I worked for a year last year, I realised how much I really missed out on! The working life was different. It was boring! I was the youngest in the department and it was hardly any fun. Full office politics and backstabbing, and that too I didn't enjoy much. So I realized that when I returned back to uni, I would join all the societies etc. I joined my cultural society and that was really really bad. I hated it. People all drinking and smoking, and girls wanting unwanted attention. Plus the uni stress got to me real bad, and now I don't have a social life. During my time at uni, I haven't really been part of any societies and I don't think it is my fault. A lot of my fellow students on my course seem to not be part of any societies either - with some saying whilst they made the effort to join, the society never met up much or did interesting things.

What can I do in my final year - sorry, ahem, for the next 7 months or so?

ReputationRep:
    I feel so sorry for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinfr)
    I feel so sorry for you.
    Okay. Is this all you have got to say...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_uni_life)
    Okay. Is this all you have got to say...
    basically yeah because I know someone whos enthusiastic about uni but most people at her uni are just there because they got a loan for doing some dumb degree that isn't important and they just want to spend the money. and I feel sorry for her I think she deserves better than that and so do you.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Sorry to hear your uni experience hasn't been as enjoyable as you might have initially hoped for or expected. Rest assured you're not the only one - many people don't have a great time at uni, for a variety of reasons.

At this stage I think all you can do is channel a lot of time, energy and effort into getting the best degree result you can get. I think if you are happy with the end result, it will be easier to look back at your uni experience as a stepping stone to get to where you wanted to be and one that worked out.

It is always a shame when people have bad uni experiences. My undergrad degree was pretty much a train wreck from the word go! Uni is sold to us as the time of our lives and so it's easy to feel down about it if you haven't had a good time :sadnod:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.