Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ask me History Questions ;o watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone like to ask me random history questions on the following topics in preperation for the OCR GCSE History exam tommorow?

The Peace Treatues
    The League- Success/Failures, Structural Problems, Weaknesses.
    Hitlers Foreign Policy- 5 steps to war etc
    Germany- Weimar Years, Stressman Years, Nazis in Power, Propoganda, Resistance

Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fry)
    Would anyone like to ask me random history questions on the following topics in preperation for the OCR GCSE History exam tommorow?

The Peace Treatues

Thankyou!
    tell me the most interesting thing you know about Hitler

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcpoopoo)
    He was Austiran, killed 6 million people (not personally) and was an excellent leader- when considered he never rose to high rank in the army as he wasnt considered leader-material.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcpoopoo)
    He only had one testicle.

(Original post by Fry)

The Peace Treatues

Thankyou!
    This will test if you've revised your Nazi germany enough

Why did some young people oppose Nazi Polices between 1933 and 1945? (6 mark question)

Why did the Nazi's have little Political success before 1930?
    6 mark question

Describe the main features of the Enabling Act?
    4 mark question

(Original post by Fry)
    an excellent leader- when considered he never rose to high rank in the army as he wasnt considered leader-material.
    Clearly of the intentionalist view point then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maz_superstar)
    This will test if you've revised your Naxi germany enough

Why did some young people oppose Nazi Polices between 1933 and 1945? (6 mark question)

Why did the Nazi's have little Political success before 1930?
    6 mark question

Describe the main features of the Enabling Act?
    4 mark question
    Already answered part 1 on a past paper but here are the other two:

2) The early years of the Weimar government were plagued by economic and social problems caused by the war and versailles. However the years between 1924-29 can be described in many ways as being succesfull and prosperous mainly due to the work of Gustav Stressman who was appointed chancellor in 1924. Stressman controversley called of the passive resistance campaign in the ruhr and introduced a new currency, the Rentenmark- this stablised the economic situation by ending the hyper-inflation crises caused by reperations and the ruhr incident. He also paved the way for Germanys reintroduction into the International Community by agreeing to the Locarno treaties that guranteed the bordies set down at Versailles, going some way to reassure France. He also started to relieve the reperations burden under the Dawes and subsequent Young Plan which worked to reduce the amount to be paid and increase the time over which it could be paid. These moves caused the final withdrawl of allied troops from Germany and allowed Germany to join the League of Nations. However the Young Plans basis was US loans to pay for reperations, this was fine untill the Wall Street Crash in 1929 which caused an imidiate recall of all German loans and crashed the German economy. The government couldnt recover the situation and poverty spread through the nation again, unemployment rising sharply to over 5 million, starvation for many a real possiblity, the government was therefore increasingly threatened by both Communism and Facism. The Nazis gained power on the back of this economic depression in 1933 mainly due to the sheer desperation of the German public who had not been prepared to support the Nazis when times were prosperous. The Nazis nationalistic, confident, militaristic and anti-versailles policies were popular among Germans who saw it as a way back to stability and a proud Germany.

3) The enabling act was crucial to Hitlers plans, it was one of the main factors that turned Germany into a totalitarian state. The act itself was a relic of the past that hadnt been removed, it allowed Hitler to rule by decree- without consulting the reichstag for 4 years. This meant he could effectivley pass any laws he wanted without asking for permission, the reicstag timidly passed the act again every 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Clearly of the intentionalist view point then.
    Not entirley sure on that point, I would guess this was certainly one of the options he had considered but his final decision was forced more by circumstance- the war had broken out than any careful decision making. In the early stages the emmigration of Jews was promoted by all possible means which suggests he had an alternative plan, to simply remove Jews from his Greater Germany. But that plan couldnt suceed when he was boxed in in Europe.

I dont think anyone can argue he wasnt a natural leader- abliet a physopathic one

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.