Turn on thread page Beta

Work Experience Ideas For Gap Year Student watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi TSR,

I'm an 18 year-old on a gap year before going to university in October 2016 to study Physics and Philosophy.

I'm applying to Oxford and they want gap year students to participate in science-related activities to show a deep interest in science (which I have) and also to make sure I don't get too rusty before going into my first year.

Long shot I know but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of any science-related (preferably in areas similar to physics, engineering, technology or somewhere cool like a video games company/science journalism) internships or work experience I should look into?

I have no previous work experience (apart from two weeks at KPMG when I was 16) but I do have a good academic record (A*A*A*A at A2 (maths, f maths, physics, history), 5 As at AS and 12 A*s at GCSE), plus the extra things like Grade 8, winning a national cryptography competition, being a scout etc.

I'm free between January 1st 2016 and September 2016 and am ideally looking for anything between a day and a month's experience (would extend this if it was a really cool job).

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Where are you looking to participate, in England or abroad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fasteddy)
    Where are you looking to participate, in England or abroad?
    Anywhere I can possibly get some work!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.