Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everybody,

I have started my UCAS application after deciding I want to go to Uni next September. I would be a mature student, at what will be 22 years old next May.

I finished my A levels at sixth form with a Distinction in Business, a Merit in ICT and a C in English Literature and Language. This is in essence ACC, which gives me 280 UCAS points. I know this is rather poor, and by the looks of it I wont be getting into any Universities the tables would deem good. I understand alot of this is nonsense and you can gain a great education from plenty of places that aren't in the Russel Group.

What I want to know is what Universities would you deem worth applying to? I currently live in Derby, and relocating is no issue at all. I would however rather relocate up north.

I have narrowed my choices down (due to UCAS restrictions) to some realistic Universities, and some that I may apply for, although I am sure I will not be getting an offer.

Realistic:

De Montford: Req 300 UCAS PTS
    Salford: Req 260-300 UCAS PTS
    Hull: Req 280 UCAS PTS
    Lincoln: Req 280 UCAS PTS
    Leeds (foundation year too) Req 240 UCAS PTS

Desired:

Liverpool: Req ABB
    Bournemouth: Req 320-340 UCAS PTS

I just wanted some advice on these Universities, and holding down a full time job with highly unsociable hours and workdays means I wont be able to attend all the open days that I had hoped to. The social aspects of the Universities is a large factor, but it is not as important as the quality of education for me.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jalo1548.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.