The Student Room Group

Female pen pal

Scroll to see replies

If the number of people that fit your requirements are that low why don't you just go out and meet people who are doing the same degree as you, then you'll see them face to face and you'll know that they share your interests
Original post by Teslamegafan
This is kind of strange but recently I've been thinking about how cool it would be to have a female pen pal. I have always had male friends but never a female friend and trying to find one where I live is so blasé if you know what I mean. I tried looking on Omegle but there was a <1% success rate and I got banned twice for no reason WTF! Anyway if anybody here wants to be my pen pal (its a pretty good deal tbh) you need to meet certain requirements as implied in my message below. I'm not sure if this is a permanent job position, see how it goes.

This is the message I left when I went on Omegle:
Hi! I am an 18 year old male currently living in the UK but hoping to relocate to the US in the future. I am interested in meeting an intelligent, attractive female around my age with interests in biology, chemistry and biochemistry, who would be willing to Google/Skypechat with me as an online friend.

Oh and also in before you're really desperate or have a drink of water to quench your thirst. It's not necessarily a girlfriend, just a pen pal. If anybody's going to be trolling around here It's going to be me
care to dance?

Original post by Neuth
Have you tried interpals?

I have loads of friends with the same interests on there - plenty of Biochemists :fluffy:
the website?

sounds cool, you know in a cool way.
Original post by Anonymous
If the number of people that fit your requirements are that low why don't you just go out and meet people who are doing the same degree as you, then you'll see them face to face and you'll know that they share your interests

Because I want a pen pal which implies distance. Anyway I have looked at some websites and there are some very interesting people so I don't think finding a pen pal will be a problem anymore.
Basically he's over us and doesn't need us anymore :frown:
Original post by Use Err Name
So you'd reject a potential partner on the basis that they do/want to do an arts university course?

Yes of course. I'm interested in science. What would we talk about?
Why on earth do you need an attractive penpal when you arent looking for a girlfriend... i could understand that qualification then but as just a penpal its surely irrelevant if the person meets the intellectual criteria and age stuff...

X
(edited 8 years ago)
Best not to look for people outside the UK on a UK student forum but good luck, lol :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BekahMay
Why on earth do you need an attractive penpal when you arent looking for a girlfriend... i could understand that qualification then but as just a penpal its surely irrelevant if the person meets the intellectual criteria and age stuff...

If you've read through the posts you will see that I was being a bit misleading at first and I am actually looking for a potential girlfriend.
Original post by Use Err Name
Basically he's over us and doesn't need us anymore :frown:

Sorry I've temporarily abandoned you all for PenPalWorld which is great (not meant to be an advertisement or anything :wink:).
If you've read through the posts you will see that I was being a bit misleading at first and I am actually looking for a potential girlfriend.

Ahhh well okay then that makes more sense, i only read the first few posts :smile:
Good luck with that although i wouldnt necessarily stick to people just interested in biology and chemistry, if youre both into the exact same thing you will run out of discussions alot quicker than with any other person, or at least thats what ive found
Original post by BekahMay
Ahhh well okay then that makes more sense, i only read the first few posts :smile:
Good luck with that although i wouldnt necessarily stick to people just interested in biology and chemistry, if youre both into the exact same thing you will run out of discussions alot quicker than with any other person, or at least thats what ive found

OK thanks for the advice :smile:
Mostly because the UK in general is boring as **** :smile:
Original post by SmashConcept
Sounds like you want to do the two most beta male hobbies possible at the same time: reading and being in the friendzone. Maybe it will form a double negative and you will end up getting laid a lot but you need to ask a professional physicist to be sure.

Lmao this get rekt OP just LOL.

Quick Reply