Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

PWC Graduate job: Assurance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Greetings guys,

Do you know how flexible PwC are in case a graduate has to write a master thesis while working with them and doing the ACA? I am about to start with them and will be in that situation. I cannot find out the answer before I start and thus it's hard for me to plan. So I was hoping some of you might have experience with that. Please note that writing the master thesis/completing the degree is not a condition for me to joint them.

Thank you! Cheers

ReputationRep:
    You can try - and you will fail.

The big 4 have programs to squeeze every last bit of time out of their employees combining studying for the ACA and working in audit. It's not some part time job workig at ASDA - this is professional services where you work late for the benefit of client, travel miles to get to the client, and get fired if you fail what are rather challenging exams. You will not get any time off to study for your masters.

Nobody in PwC is going to tell you, no you can't do it. But you'd be pretty daft to try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poolparty)
    Greetings guys,

Do you know how flexible PwC are in case a graduate has to write a master thesis while working with them and doing the ACA? I am about to start with them and will be in that situation. I cannot find out the answer before I start and thus it's hard for me to plan. So I was hoping some of you might have experience with that. Please note that writing the master thesis/completing the degree is not a condition for me to joint them.

Thank you! Cheers
    My friend works for PWC, got a 1st at Uni, solid A-levels, and he has spent most of his first few months at PWC working all of the week, so personal advice would be to put the MSC on hold, because your first few months will be mainly exams and travelling to client sites, and you need to be focused. If you fail the same exam twice (They are very tough exams that the smartest of people struggle with) they will get rid of you, in most cases.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.