Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can the Tories be trusted again? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    have you? you clearly made a judgement: "It is perfectly sound to reject the modern Conservative party because their economic ideals are not one iota less extreme than her's"

that sounds highly objective to me.
    Indeed. Can we stop debating this nothing point now?

what is irrational about getting elected on the back of the winter of discontent and then holding office after 4 years of reforms and tackling the unions. the majority of the voting public evidently saw this as a step forward.
    and....? it doesn't render all other positions (such as those that object to the brutal suppression of 30% of the population to produce this economic "progress") irrational.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Indeed. Can we stop debating this nothing point now?

and....? it doesn't render all other positions (such as those that object to the brutal suppression of 30% of the population to produce this economic "progress") irrational.
    well its not often i get concession on both points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    well its not often i get concession on both points.
    Pay attention. Only the first was a concession.

PS - H&E, response forthcoming tomorrow. It'll take me too long for this time of night.

Of course you can..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Pay attention. Only the first was a concession.
    hehe, i do!

me: "i really dont see how you can say what she did when she came to power was BAD for the country"

me:"the majority of the voting public evidently saw this as a step forward"

you: "and....? it doesn't render all other positions irrational"

seems that you affirm my points in using them as the basis for your latest comment!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.