Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Philosophy and Ethics A2 topic selection watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys this year I'm taking A2 Philosophy and Ethics. My friend who did the course previously has informed me that in A2 you have a choice of what topics you study for the exam. Can any of you confirm this for me, detailing how many topics you need to revise for for each exam, and which ones are preferable in terms of learning? Thank you
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Tank Girl)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Jessica)
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed.
    Thanks haha I'm new to this. Appreciate your help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivergeorge1)
    Hi guys this year I'm taking A2 Philosophy and Ethics. My friend who did the course previously has informed me that in A2 you have a choice of what topics you study for the exam. Can any of you confirm this for me, detailing how many topics you need to revise for for each exam, and which ones are preferable in terms of learning? Thank you
    I never took that subject but I think the specification does quite explain the choice of topics. Have a look at the A2 Assessment units.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivergeorge1)
    Are you on Edexcel for this? I'll assume you are, so for Unit 3 you get an option of doing either the ontological argument or religious experience they will both come up in the exam so you do get to choose (I'd say learn both just in case) For ethics you have to learn natural moral law and deontology but I'm not sure whether you get to choose I think you do because there is no way one can do both essays in one sitting, that's just too much.
    I don't know anything for unit 4 though, hope I helped

ReputationRep:
    I am doing A2 RS edexcel this year. I think it depends on which sections your tutors have chosen to do but I know that for my exam the form is like this:

Ontological argument
    or
    Criticisms/ Critiques of religious belief ( which would evidently include atheism)

AND

Religious language e.g language games, myths etc...

AND

One question on the New Testamennt

Hope this helps

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.