The Student Room Group

HOW has noone noticed this????

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Betelgeuse-

Feel free to generalise the British people and the royal family, although without the hundreds of thousands of people violently protesting to show they would die for the royal family, along with the community leaders of said groups supporting the notion they would die for the royal family.. you just look silly

All community leaders?

Hundreds of thousands? Where?
Original post by Butternuts96
Shut up mate, my point is valid. Islamophobes wouldn't give a damn about this issue and would only post valueless comments. It'd be nice to see unbiased non-muslims thoughts on this.

i.e. thoughts that agree with your self-victimising nonsense.

Given your attitude to those who've disagreed with your OP, you are simply here to peddle your own biased views rather than have a debate in good faith. Go hug your teddy bear until you're ready for the big bad world where people disagree with each other without blowing their stack on the second reply.
Original post by ironandbeer2
All community leaders?

Hundreds of thousands? Where?

Good for you on ignoring the rest of my post. Here you go
just some high profile denouncements from community leaders

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/14/charlie-hebdo-muslim-leaders-appeal-calm

25,000 in Pakistan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2925796/Thousands-march-cities-Parkistan-protest-against-Charlie-Hebdo-publishing-cartoons-Prophet-Mohammed.html

Tens of thousands in Chechyna

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/19/chechens-protest-charlie-hebdo-cartoons-grozny

I could go on and on

I guess you just woke up from a coma or your head has been firmly planted in the sand

Also just add this quote here taken from the Guardian article above:

In a 10-point advice sheet issued by the Muslim Council of Britain, which was signed by more than 50 Muslim leaders, the imams said “freedom of speech should not be translated into a duty to offend”, and they urged Muslims to express their “justified displeasure at the mockery that is made of our faith” in a peaceful manner.
(edited 8 years ago)

Like I said, over a billion worldwide. Some Muslims are more developed than others. Muslims in such places tend to live by a stoneage attitude to Islam. A minority in the west and other better places are the same. If you want to say people in such countries are more likely to be a bit on the loony side when it comes to their religion, I suppose you might win that argument.

1.5 billion :whistles:
Like I said, over a billion worldwide. Some Muslims are more developed than others. Muslims in such places tend to live by a stoneage attitude to Islam. A minority in the west and other better places are the same. If you want to say people in such countries are more likely to be a bit on the loony side when it comes to their religion, I suppose you might win that argument.

1.5 billion :whistles:

Well obviously western Muslims find conflict with religious teachings and the standards and attitudes of said western country and has to become more liberal due to things like the law. That said, with the case of the Hebdo cartoons

In a 10-point advice sheet issued by the Muslim Council of Britain, which was signed by more than 50 Muslim leaders, the imams said “freedom of speech should not be translated into a duty to offend”, and they urged Muslims to express their “justified displeasure at the mockery that is made of our faith” in a peaceful manner.

Furthermore, the majority of muslims do not live in progressive western countries
Original post by i<3milkshake
Oh look, more weird insults:biggrin:
I am just a random person on the web.
You are just a random person on the web having a major meltdown over a random person on the web.

And as for being flattered...is that why you come on this forum? To be "flattered?".
Now who is the loner:u:

For someone who doesn't care you do a very good impression of someone having a huge meltdown.
Baconsauce and I don't care. You lot on the other hand are just trotting out lame insults one after the other in a desperate attempt to deal with your rage. Looks like it hasn't worked-try some deep breathing exercises perhaps?:smile:

The IRONY :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: How come nearly every thread I go in, you're infesting it with your hypocritical bull**** and arguing with people? It's genuinely annoying.

I've decided I have to block you but for anyone else reading this. I strongly suggest you read through some of psychopath here's posts on other threads. While in this thread he's laughing at people for throwing childish insults and having a defensive meltdown, he's doing exactly that in numerous other threads. And watch him do it now I've quoted him :biggrin:
When the Charlie Hebdo lot released images of the Prophet Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him) even though he is seen as a sacred figure for over 1.57 billion muslims and it would offend ALL of them . . . it is considered a great, noble and considerate act of freedome of speech and so NO non-islamic world leader spoke out. Okay fine, no worries. I guess everybody loves freedome of speech and it has no limits. No probz!!

However, with the recent Sinai plane crash killing 244 people, Charlie Hebdo has released some more offensive cartoons. Russian Prime Minister has condemned it. Okay fine, if you say so Mr Putin. Here's the good part. But why do you condemn THIS and not their past insult to all the muslims?

"This is not a matter of democracy or self-expression. This is sacrilege."

Oxford definition of "sacrilege" - Violation or misuse of what is regarded as sacred.

Sacred? Hmmm, and this did NOT apply with the previous Muhammed incident? REAALLYYY makes you think, doesn't it?

False Analogy.

How can you compare the death of 244 real people with a myth?
Yeah..Lmao even writing it just then you don't get it. 1.5 billion. All of them think that? Even half? Even a quarter. 1.5 billion is quite a large figure.

It's what a muslim on this very thread has claimed

Why not take this up with them?
Reply 148
Original post by IamJacksContempt
The IRONY :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: How come nearly every thread I go in, you're infesting it with your hypocritical bull**** and arguing with people? It's genuinely annoying.

I've decided I have to block you but for anyone else reading this. I strongly suggest you read through some of psychopath here's posts on other threads. While in this thread he's laughing at people for throwing childish insults and having a defensive meltdown, he's doing exactly that in numerous other threads. And watch him do it now I've quoted him :biggrin:

Thank you for the suggestion my friend. How do I block someone?

That person really is annoying and whenever I do something that may appear wrong e.g. swear they will bring my religion into for no apparent reason claiming I represent everyone who shares the same religion as me. I'm sick of all these TSR threads to do with religion and hate to be honest.
Reply 149
[QUOTE="caravaggio2;60498849"]Islamophobe. = .Somebody that holds a fear and hatred of Muslims.

Since 1948 over 11,000,000 Muslims have been killed in disputes and conflicts, the vast VAST majority killed by other Muslims.
The world's biggest islamophobes by far are other muslims which, assuming you are one butternut, means ironically you are a bigger islamophobe than the two posters you attempted to close down with that slur .[/QUOTE

Exactly what I was thinking.
who gives a ****?
When the Charlie Hebdo lot released images of the Prophet Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him) even though he is seen as a sacred figure for over 1.57 billion muslims and it would offend ALL of them . . . it is considered a great, noble and considerate act of freedome of speech and so NO non-islamic world leader spoke out. Okay fine, no worries. I guess everybody loves freedome of speech and it has no limits. No probz!!

However, with the recent Sinai plane crash killing 244 people, Charlie Hebdo has released some more offensive cartoons. Russian Prime Minister has condemned it. Okay fine, if you say so Mr Putin. Here's the good part. But why do you condemn THIS and not their past insult to all the muslims?

"This is not a matter of democracy or self-expression. This is sacrilege."

Oxford definition of "sacrilege" - Violation or misuse of what is regarded as sacred.

Sacred? Hmmm, and this did NOT apply with the previous Muhammed incident? REAALLYYY makes you think, doesn't it?

I agree with this.

The whole point in free speech is that you allow all things to be said which are nasty or offensive, rather than just the stuff you want.

Too many people are into free speech just when it offends Muslims, but don't want it applied to them.
You seem to have missed the point of your whole thread. In this instance PUTIN got annoyed because they were taking the piss out of a RUSSIAN plane which crashed, killing however many people it was. In the previous instance MUSLIMS got annoyed because they were taking the piss out of a MUSLIM prophet.

The way Charlie Hebdo works is that those who the jokes are made about usually get offended; everyone else appreciates the right to make the joke.
Original post by The Rad Prince
I agree with this.

The whole point in free speech is that you allow all things to be said which are nasty or offensive, rather than just the stuff you want.

Too many people are into free speech just when it offends anyone else, but don't want it applied to them.

Fixed your last sentence.
Original post by Andy98
Fixed your last sentence.

With the Charlie Hebdo thing the fact they were Muslims was clearly used to justify making fun of then, saying they need to learn to take it.
With the Charlie Hebdo thing the fact they were Muslims was clearly used to justify making fun of then, saying they need to learn to take it.

Aye, I was making the sentence fit more with general life :tongue:

If I say a Jew joke to a Jew, 9 times out of 10 it won't go down well. If I say a Muslim joke to a Muslim, 9 times out of 10 it won't go down well. But if I say them the other way round, everyone laughs.
Original post by Andy98

If I say a Jew joke to a Jew, 9 times out of 10 it won't go down well. If I say a Muslim joke to a Muslim, 9 times out of 10 it won't go down well. But if I say them the other way round, everyone laughs.

If you say a Jew joke to a Jew, he will phone up his father and have your father fired

Say a Muslim joke to a Muslim, he will phone up his father and have your father bombed
Original post by Andy98

I dunno about jews but you definitely got the statistics for Muslims wrong. If it was a joke about musims, then 9/10 muslims would laugh and join in as long as the joke was not made out of spite. You'd find us joking about our stereotypes a lot and our only limit is to not mock anything of the Quran and Hadiths. Other than that, we love a good joke :smile:
If you say a Jew joke to a Jew, he will phone up his father and have your father fired

Say a Muslim joke to a Muslim, he will phone up his father and have your father bombed

Hahahaha

I dunno about jews but you definitely got the statistics for Muslims wrong. If it was a joke about musims, then 9/10 muslims would laugh and join in as long as the joke was not made out of spite. You'd find us joking about our stereotypes a lot and our only limit is to not mock anything of the Quran and Hadiths. Other than that, we love a good joke :smile:

I'm making these statistics based on how many join in and how many punch me in the face.

Quick Reply

Latest