Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Computer Science at Warwick and I have 1 choice left - I am considering applying for Discrete Maths with that choice however I don't do Further Maths. I am however predicted an A* in Maths. I've emailed the admissions team and the response I got was that whilst further maths is not essential, I am likely to struggle at university standard maths without it.

So I guess my questions are as follows:
    1) Should I apply for Discrete Maths as well as Computer Science (I'm predicted A*AA)?
    2) Current Discrete Maths students, do you enjoy the course, how hard would you say it is (would I stand a chance without a Further Maths A level) and are you able to easily get help if you get stuck?

Thanks for any replies.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.