The Student Room Group

is it normal

To be getting C/D grades now so far in as levels? Can I still get As at the end of the year? I have set up a time table on Friday which has made me keep on top of work so far etc. But is this okay?
Reply 1
Original post by TheHopefulMedic
To be getting C/D grades now so far in as levels? Can I still get As at the end of the year? I have set up a time table on Friday which has made me keep on top of work so far etc. But is this okay?

It's fine - I was getting U's in a couple of subjects
Haha dw about it, I got an E in my mock in biology and managed to get a high A in the real exam. Just make sure you work hard and don't leave your revision for the last minute .
Original post by Andy98
It's fine - I was getting U's in a couple of subjects

What did u get in ur real exams? Thanks for making me feel better.
Original post by Margareter
Haha dw about it, I got an E in my mock in biology and managed to get a high A in the real exam. Just make sure you work hard and don't leave your revision for the last minute .

Can you give me some tips for biology for the new spec? Thanks you.
Reply 5
What did u get in ur real exams? Thanks for making me feel better.

A, B and D - ironically the D was in the subject I thought I was doing well in :tongue:
Can you give me some tips for biology for the new spec? Thanks you.

Hmm I don't know the difference between the new one and the old one (I'm doing the old one) but start revising during Christmas and you're guaranteed to get a high A, make flash cards and go to workshops if they are there. I also drew a lot of diagrams before the end of the test, like I'd draw a mitochondria over and over again and I'd end up remembering everything haha :h:
Reply 7
Completely normal. In my AS classes all of our teaches have advised us they don't expect us to achieve higher than Cs on our essays at present as we simply aren't far enough into the year.

You will get there, don't worry :smile: Just takes a lot of practice.
XD I know someone who got 4 Us in february mocks in maths, further maths, physics and geography and came out with AAAB at the end. Just stick to your timetable and keep putting hours in, you'll get there.
If you work hard and are determined to do well, then of course :smile: Don't worry about it, I was getting around the same grades as you this time last year, and ended up with 5 As and a B, and if I can do it, you certainly can.

Just wondering, what A Levels did you choose?
Original post by lukejoshjames
If you work hard and are determined to do well, then of course :smile: Don't worry about it, I was getting around the same grades as you this time last year, and ended up with 5 As and a B, and if I can do it, you certainly can.

Just wondering, what A Levels did you choose?

Biology,psychology English and history. Ignore my name I changed my career option to becoming a midwife:smile:
Don't worry, I was getting Es in most subjects and only managed to complete about three past paper questions in year 13!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much for the replies
First few tests i got Us......then just got constant Es and Ds :P Now I'm at uni studying Accounting and Finance.

Quick Reply

Latest