Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm applying for a non law degree with the hope of securing a TC and GDL/LPC funding. I've already decided on UCL and Bristol and for my remaining three options, I'm considering Nottingham, Exeter and Warwick.

Which of these three do firms respect/attend/recruit from?

ReputationRep:
    All of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    All of them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So I wouldn't be disadvantaged by going to Exeter rather than Nottingham? I ask because I prefer Exeter, but my research has shown me that Nottingham is a lot more respected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mindless Behavior)
    So I wouldn't be disadvantaged by going to Exeter rather than Nottingham? I ask because I prefer Exeter, but my research has shown me that Nottingham is a lot more respected.
    Not at all.

They are similar universities in terms of "respect". Significant number of firms attend both of their law careers fairs, a significant number of firms sponsor both of their law societies and run a number of careers events at both unis. Both unis have campus/brand ambassadors for a good number of firms. Both universities have a reasonable careers service too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Firms don't give a **** as long as you can prove yourself in the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.