Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NafK3)
    Hi!

I am considering applying to Greenwich University for a Sociology (or potentially joint Sociology and Journalism) degree.

I was wondering if anyone who does already study there or specifically takes Sociology could share their experience?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi, I am a student at the University, and I study history. That means we are in the same department. The university is amazing, the lecturers are really helpful and understanding which is what you want in lecturers.You get an option to go across the board so you do not need to stick with only sociology, you can choose options such as Tale of two cities, which is about London in the 19th century. I would say come for an open day to check the university out. The campus is beautiful so on a stressful day you can actually just chill there and relax. A friend of mine did a combined honours of History and Sociology, and he enjoyed it so much that he decided to do Sociology all together and you see that quite a bit within the university.The university put you first and always will support you especially the lecturers in the department. If you have any more questions feel free to ask!!! Ahmed- Student Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NafK3)
    Hi!

I am considering applying to Greenwich University for a Sociology (or potentially joint Sociology and Journalism) degree.

I was wondering if anyone who does already study there or specifically takes Sociology could share their experience?

Thanks in advance!
    I'm at Greenwich and I study Sociology and Psychology so if you have any questions just ask!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NafK3)
    Hi Laura,

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering about the content of Sociology? Is it a coursework based subject and do you find it interesting?

Thanks in advance!
    All of the course content is on the Greenwich website but it covers a lot and my favourite at the moment is Gender, Race and Crime which I love! I love my degree and I'm really glad that I chose to study it it's so interesting!
    It's a combination of coursework and exams. Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 1, 2016
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.