Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm making this thread because I need advice on which provider to go for, I'm currently with EE and have been for the last 2 years since they most probably exploited me in a crappy contract for the Iphone 5c. The contract has ended and they've messaged me about upgrading but I'm thinking of switching to another provider.

What would you advice if I'm looking for a new Iphone and some pretty good internet? I'm looking for a cheap option with a contract that doesn't last as long as a mortgage

ReputationRep:
    guys pls. I don't want to be scammed again :dry:

ReputationRep:
    i bought my iPhone, but I'm paying £15 a month for 500 mins 1000 texts and 2gb of Internet on o2. Think I just got lucky with that contract though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spencer_param)
    i bought my iPhone, but I'm paying £15 a month for 500 mins 1000 texts and 2gb of Internet on o2. Think I just got lucky with that contract though
    wowwwwwww what Iphone is it!?!?! It can't be a 6 or a 6S that would be too good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    wowwwwwww what Iphone is it!?!?! It can't be a 6 or a 6S that would be too good...
    16gb iPhone 6. It's a sim only contract which is why it's cheap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spencer_param)
    16gb iPhone 6. It's a sim only contract which is why it's cheap
    BRUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm willing to run a marathon barefooted with broken glass all the way through just for a contract half as good as that :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    BRUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm willing to run a marathon barefooted with broken glass all the way through just for a contract half as good as that :cry2:
    I'm not sure if you understood, I believe he means he bought his iPhone (so basically he paid full price for the iPhone i.e 'pay as you go') and the contract he has is sim only.

If you did understand, then for £15 you can easily get some really good sim only deals - 3 are decent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fiduciam)
    I'm not sure if you understood, I believe he means he bought his iPhone (so basically he paid full price for the iPhone i.e 'pay as you go' and the contract he has is sim only.

If you did understand, then for £15 you can easily get some really good sim only deals - 3 are decent.
    Exactly
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    guys pls. I don't want to be scammed again :dry:
    its so funny when no one answers your thread :mmm:

EE are a complete rip off, my mum pays £40/month for an iPhone 5C that has a malfunctioning volume button.

I've heard O2 are pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    ohh man. I just can't find any good deals, EE are looking to make me pay £50 for the 6S with 5gb internet and unlimited but I can't afford that garbage

ReputationRep:
    The iphone7 is due to come out before year's end, I think...maybe hold out for it, and then change your plan? I'm tired of contracts. It's not fair to be locked into a 2 year contract for a phone! And then the service sucks and I'm stuck. >_<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    its so funny when no one answers your thread :mmm:

EE are a complete rip off, my mum pays £40/month for an iPhone 5C that has a malfunctioning volume button.

I've heard O2 are pretty good.
    This wouldn't happen if I had more gems

O M G SAME HERE??? My volume button is broken and I paid £50 to fix it and it broke again :rofl:

I was thinking of O2 but I was wondering about vodafone too... I didn't ask there because there was a billion people in the store

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Deidre*)
    The iphone7 is due to come out before year's end, I think...maybe hold out for it, and then change your plan? I'm tired of contracts. It's not fair to be locked into a 2 year contract for a phone! And then the service sucks and I'm stuck. >_<
    year's end? Man... I don't even know if I will live to see tomorrow I gotta get a phone asap because this 5C is garbage
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    This wouldn't happen if I had more gems

O M G SAME HERE??? My volume button is broken and I paid £50 to fix it and it broke again :rofl:

I was thinking of O2 but I was wondering about vodafone too... I didn't ask there because there was a billion people in the store
    You have loads of gems, you're just not posting at the right time.

Stop purchasing iPhones, get a worthwhile phone that is worth the money such as a Samsung.

I haven't heard much about Vodafone, so don't know if that's a good or bad thing ... you wimp.

ReputationRep:
    Stop purchasing iPhones, get a worthwhile phone that is worth the money such as a Samsung.
    that right there is a LOL, oh samsung and thier over advertising

mate I would get a OnePLus phone, if you get the chance, decent quality android, without company bloatware and pretty affordable upfront cost
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by BlackThunder10)
    that right there is a LOL, oh samsung and thier over advertising

mate I would get a OnePLus phone, if you get the chance, decent quality android, without company bloatware and pretty affordable upfront cost
    samsungs are fab are u mad

tbh I have a HTC .. but people's samsungs that I've used are fab!

ReputationRep:
    samsungs are fab are u mad

tbh I have a HTC .. but people's samsungs that I've used are fab!
    will high five for the HTC :borat: - just pure quality

maybe samsung are just now getting their act together, after years of plastic craap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Deidre*)
    The iphone7 is due to come out before year's end
    Erm, no...

The 6S was only released about a month and a half ago.

ReputationRep:
    You have loads of gems, you're just not posting at the right time.

I haven't heard much about Vodafone, so don't know if that's a good or bad thing ... you wimp.
    I'm just kidding I don't really care about gems :cool:

don't hate :hand: I get bored too easily standing in queues

Android is pretty good in the first few months then it starts to act really slow and freeze badly..
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I'm just kidding I don't really care about gems :cool:

don't hate :hand: I get bored too easily standing in queues

Android is pretty good in the first few months then it starts to act really slow and freeze badly..
    You know I never get your notifications :lolwut: I just happen to be scrolling and then BAM, you've apparently quoted me.

Then why are you complaining omg? :hmmm:

I know what you mean. I'm constantly clearing out my internet caches, and constantly having to clear running apps that I'm sure I'll definitely not be using in that precise moment. It's an alright phone though, for what it's worth (pretty cheap).

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.