Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

mourning the death of a family pet watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    yesterday, my 13 year old greyhound had to be but to sleep . I feel bereft, I can't believe she's no longer here, my whole family are devastated.

Saying good bye is the hardest part about having a pet. I adored here and wish she was still here, but we do have so many fond memories.

has anyone got any nice memories or pets they'd like to share to keep their memory alive .. ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ssupernova)
    yesterday, my 13 year old greyhound had to be but to sleep . I feel bereft, I can't believe she's no longer here, my whole family are devastated.

Saying good bye is the hardest part about having a pet. I adored here and wish she was still here, but we do have so many fond memories.

has anyone got any nice memories or pets they'd like to share to keep their memory alive .. ?
    hey, i can totally relate and i am so sorry for you, genuinly from my heart.
    ik how horrible it is to lose a pet, i lost two piggies last year. i had had them for 4 years so i can't imagine how awful it would be to lose a best friend after 13 years. luckily i have lots of photos for them but it is still awful.

I hope ur ok, pm me if you want:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    h]
    goodness, this brought a tear to my eye ! Thank you, I can't stop looking a pictures of her either. It's just weird adjusting to her to being around, like I leave food around and it;s still there when I geet back haha she was so cheeky always stealing food! never thought i'd miss that haha x

ReputationRep:
    Animals, dogs in particular are so good at bonding with us that it really feels like losing a member of our own family. I lost my Maisie (Golden Retriever) due to a kidney defect. She was only three. Will never forget how she looked at me from her cage at the vet where she was on a drip. (in fact...can't go there)

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I know exactly what you are going through, I lost my cat to cancer last year and then my Yorkie to a burst pancreas this year so I lost both just within a year or each other. Its absolutely heartbreaking. I see my pets like my family so its very hard when I lose one. I promise you though, it does get easier as time goes on. You will forever love and miss them but through time, the heavy sadness you feel right now turns into a missing feeling but also happiness as you can finally see the good times you had together and that they are no longer in pain. It takes a while to get to that stage but you will definitely get there. I still think about Toby and Mylo every single day and I still cry for them often. They both have little memorial plaques out my back garden as well. I still have four cats left and I dread the day I lose any of them too.

The Rainbow Bridge poem always makes me cry, especially the last few lines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    hey, i can totally relate and i am so sorry for you, genuinly from my heart.
    ik how horrible it is to lose a pet, i lost two piggies last year. i had had them for 4 years so i can't imagine how awful it would be to lose a best friend after 13 years. luckily i have lots of photos for them but it is still awful.

I hope ur ok, pm me if you want:
    This made me nearly cry. It's been a year since I lost my Samoyed and I still miss her like crazy. This poem made me feel slightly better about it all.

As for happy memories of my dog, I have countless. I'd have to say my favourite memory has to be the days where she would just lie on my tummy and we'd spend hours hugging. I would do next to anything to have that again. My other Samoyed doesn't do this she just likes sleeping next to me. Still cute but ah well

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here know how vets euthanise small pets like hamsters and rats? I had one put down and they said I wasn't allowed in because of the gases they use but it's left me wondering what gas they would have used, how it would have been done and what my rat might have experienced
    On the receipt it says 'ICC' don't know if that stands for the substance they might of used or what..

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.