Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Her watch

Announcements

since I've started college I've made new friends with people from school who id never really spoken to before but we speak quiet a lot now. one of them is a girl I've always thought a lot of without knowing her at all, just because of how she is and stuff. me and her have started speaking more and more since we started college. what makes me wonder is its always her that starts the conversation, well the vast majority of the time anyway, and the things she asks me or she starts conversation with are petty if thats the right way to put it. she asks me something every morning its like a routine or a running joke even though it isn't funny at all. I've asked a few friends an they think its an excuse to talk to me, it makes sense because i don't know why else you'd consistently ask someone meaningless questions for the heck of it, especially someone you hardly know. but then its her, she's like seriously seriously pretty and such a nice person theres literally nothing wrong with her in any way at all, why would she want to talk to someone like me or anything? the past few weeks its constantly been on my mind wondering, it sounds silly but its true. like i can just feel myself falling for her and i just don't want to have my heart set on something that will never happen. my friends make fun when i talk to her because we always joked in school about having a relationship with her, sarcastically obviously. its got to the point when one said "don't upset your girlfriend" while she was pretending to be annoyed with me she was doing it messing around. god i hope she never heard him. i think they only say things because they know what i think of her. but ironically the possibility of me and her happening is becoming more and more real. at times she's mentioned relationships while speaking to me an said that shed like one and whens it gonna happen to her jokingly, its just little things like that that get me thinking even though its probably nothing. she smiles whenever she sees me an waves an stuff, she laughs at things i say an do we just have like little moments when we look at each other like what the f*ck about something thats happening around us. the other day it was just me and her walking together, wed walked on from the rest of the group, and it was kinda awkward but then again it was really nice too like it just felt right. to me anyway. see she just said to me walking "i think them two over there are a couple because they both stopped together an kissed" why would you bring that up out of nowhere when we were talking about something completely different? i get that it could just be changing the topic an stuff but i don't knowwwww omggggg... what i mean to ask is there any tell tail signs that shed be interested in me like more than a friend? sorry this is so long but any advice would be appreciated its doing my head in, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    since I've started college I've made new friends with people from school who id never really spoken to before but we speak quiet a lot now. one of them is a girl I've always thought a lot of without knowing her at all, just because of how she is and stuff. me and her have started speaking more and more since we started college. what makes me wonder is its always her that starts the conversation, well the vast majority of the time anyway, and the things she asks me or she starts conversation with are petty if thats the right way to put it. she asks me something every morning its like a routine or a running joke even though it isn't funny at all. I've asked a few friends an they think its an excuse to talk to me, it makes sense because i don't know why else you'd consistently ask someone meaningless questions for the heck of it, especially someone you hardly know. but then its her, she's like seriously seriously pretty and such a nice person theres literally nothing wrong with her in any way at all, why would she want to talk to someone like me or anything? the past few weeks its constantly been on my mind wondering, it sounds silly but its true. like i can just feel myself falling for her and i just don't want to have my heart set on something that will never happen. my friends make fun when i talk to her because we always joked in school about having a relationship with her, sarcastically obviously. its got to the point when one said "don't upset your girlfriend" while she was pretending to be annoyed with me she was doing it messing around. god i hope she never heard him. i think they only say things because they know what i think of her. but ironically the possibility of me and her happening is becoming more and more real. at times she's mentioned relationships while speaking to me an said that shed like one and whens it gonna happen to her jokingly, its just little things like that that get me thinking even though its probably nothing. she smiles whenever she sees me an waves an stuff, she laughs at things i say an do we just have like little moments when we look at each other like what the f*ck about something thats happening around us. the other day it was just me and her walking together, wed walked on from the rest of the group, and it was kinda awkward but then again it was really nice too like it just felt right. to me anyway. see she just said to me walking "i think them two over there are a couple because they both stopped together an kissed" why would you bring that up out of nowhere when we were talking about something completely different? i get that it could just be changing the topic an stuff but i don't knowwwww omggggg... what i mean to ask is there any tell tail signs that shed be interested in me like more than a friend? sorry this is so long but any advice would be appreciated its doing my head in, thanks.
    "Will you be my girlfriend?" "Yes" -she likes you "No" shes not interested. Simple 😁
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It sounds like it's possible that she likes you. Maybe ask her out?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.