Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why are people losing their personalities ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Are we done with the days where everyone has their own personality ?
    Are we done with the days where people did things and acted in ways they wanted to?

Society is a sheep majority - i.e people following a crowd even though the cause they are following doesn't interest them, but they do it just for social reputation. People doing things to fit in even if they don't enjoy what it is. People getting a typical university degree even though they want to do something completely different. People saying they are for or against certain movements just because others around them are.

Another example is on TSR too, many people going to uni these days , then posting on TSR saying "I don't really like clubbing but im going to make friends and still haven't made any, i hate life" You're not going to make friends at a location that doesn't interest you, and why the hell should you hate your life. Rep scavengers looking for those green gems or upvotes on reddit or followers on twitter and isntagram, admiring them like it's something important. Or just sticking up for a certain cause just because it's what the majority supposedly believe in.

There is something called environmental, social and cultural influence, but it never has been as personality erasing as in today's world

Holy sh1t why is everyone living their life under a bubble of social acceptance?

Peace late.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    :console: go to sleep, little one.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    :console: go to sleep, little one.
    Studying.

P.S - I am older than you in, little one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    Are we done with the days where people did things and acted in ways they wanted to?

Society is a sheep majority - i.e people following a crowd even though the cause they are following doesn't interest them, but they do it just for social reputation. People doing things to fit in even if they don't enjoy what it is. People getting a typical university degree even though they want to do something completely different. People saying they are for or against certain movements just because others around them are.

Another example is on TSR too, many people going to uni these days , then posting on TSR saying "I don't really like clubbing but im going to make friends and still haven't made any, i hate life" You're not going to make friends at a location that doesn't interest you, and why the hell should you hate your life. Rep scavengers looking for those green gems or upvotes on reddit or followers on twitter and isntagram, admiring them like it's something important. Or just sticking up for a certain cause just because it's what the majority supposedly believe in.

There is something called environmental, social and cultural influence, but it never has been as personality erasing as in today's world

Holy sh1t why is everyone living their life under a bubble of social acceptance?

Peace late.
    You caught me out. :bigsmile:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Studying.

P.S - I am older than you in, little one.
    Then can you carry this train of thought with you to the shower, where it belongs?

that fact defeats the purpose of my post omg.

but yes, snowflakes try so hard to be unique snowflakes that they're just like other snowflakes. :console:

ReputationRep:
    repped
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    You caught me out. :bigsmile:
    Your green gems do look dashing, I must say. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunch Money)
    Hehehehe, I like this a lot! Very true.

ReputationRep:
    Well some people are programmed to be sheep, while others are programmed to be innovators, not everyone is made to follow their own set path, some follow the pied piper blindly and are comfortable doing so.

ReputationRep:
    Your green gems do look dashing, I must say. :sexface:
    Thank you i like your new avatar btw, very...mysterious.

ReputationRep:
    Then can you carry this train of thought with you to the shower, where it belongs?

that fact defeats the purpose of my post omg.

but yes, snowflakes try so hard to be unique snowflakes that they're just like other snowflakes. :console:
    Like when they write long essays on why they're feminists and post it on forums...

ReputationRep:
    Thats not everyone, only some people follow these trend setters...
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    AW thanks :ahee: you're awfully kind, Samina.

lmao why am I even trying to be formal, thx b

(Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Like when they write long essays on why they're feminists and post it on forums...
    Precisely.

ReputationRep:

Precisely.
    LOL yu welcome fam, i'm going to sleep now goodnight xx

ReputationRep:

Precisely.
    It looks very Gatsby-esque

OP, social media.

ReputationRep:
    Her avatar is always about her neck, almost as if she's on some vampire dating website.

ReputationRep:

Peace late.
    I am not like that.

People can do what they like. I will do as I want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunch Money)
    I've seen this before but I just love how perfectly it captures pseudo-intellectualism and egotism in society

ReputationRep:
    I counter everything everyone has said. There ya go stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.