Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 19 years old and never had girlfriend watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm a 19 year old lad and I've never had a girlfriend it's actually getting me down at the moment, all of my mates have got or had girlfriends and it seems like I'm the only one who hasn't!!
    I look a lot younger than my actual age I don't know but that's maybe why it's putting girls off!!!
    The thing is my parents move around a lot and I've just moved from down South up to the North East of England and I know absolutely no one so that doesn't help either, I just need some advice is it me?? Cause it feels like it is!!!

ReputationRep:
    I am 23 never had a girlfriend. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomw123)
    Hi,
    I'm a 19 year old lad and I've never had a girlfriend it's actually getting me down at the moment, all of my mates have got or had girlfriends and it seems like I'm the only one who hasn't!!
    I look a lot younger than my actual age I don't know but that's maybe why it's putting girls off!!!
    The thing is my parents move around a lot and I've just moved from down South up to the North East of England and I know absolutely no one so that doesn't help either, I just need some advice is it me?? Cause it feels like it is!!!
    Is it just you amongst your peer group? Maybe.

Is it just you on here? You right in (as long as you don't ever get a girlfriend)

ReputationRep:
    me neither and I turned 22 recently
    or, at least, a "proper" girlfriend - one that last more than a number of weeks
    it means nothing really - is it your fault that you haven't met somebody yet? no

ReputationRep:
    where about up north??

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Get buff, get tattoo's, do drugs, go out partying a lot, put yourself out there and be funny, drive around on a powerful black motorcycle and do a very physically orientated martial arts like Krav Maga or MMA. Women love that stuff (coming from a woman here too)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Get buff, get tattoo's, do drugs, go out partying a lot, put yourself out there and be funny, drive around on a powerful black motorcycle and do a very physically orientated martial arts like Krav Maga or MMA. Women love that stuff (coming from a woman here too)
    :puke: Hell no
    OP 19 is nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    :puke: Hell no
    OP 19 is nothing
    A lot of girls love it if you are a 'bad boy' this is how you attract the baddest women.

ReputationRep:
    Okay first of all no, it's not you. You don't have anything to worry about. You just haven't found anyone you are in love with and there's nothing wrong or bad about that. I never fell in love or had any relationship whatsoever untill I turned 20 myself. Right now the way you're thinking is not helpful and it won't be good for you. If you keep this mind set you probably will jump in and get yourself a girlfriend just bc you want a relationship. You're in love with the idea of love and the idea of being in a relationship. So if you find a girl and remotely get feelings you will think you should be with her immediately but not bc you want her but bc you want a relationship. You don't need advice or change how you are who you are. Just be yourself and if you happen to develop feelings for someone let her like who you are the way you are. There's nothing bad with being single. Your future girlfriend just hasn't come along yet. Don't worry. She's on her way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    where about up north??
    Newcastle (different name as had to make another account!!)

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    All guys on here have never had girlfriends, don't worry.

Hi,
    Nowadays looks like to get a girlfriend you either need to be very attractive or get very rich

ReputationRep:
    22 here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Nowadays looks like to get a girlfriend you either need to be very attractive or get very rich
    Go for average girls and bring the best out in them. Seriously, I know a guy who started dating a slightly chubby girl, she lost so much weight

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    i'm 17 and i'd probably be the same position as you when i'm 19 so dw.
    Maybe try going to clubs, social events etc..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.