Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There's a girl at my sports club, I've been a member since January and probably thought I might like her after a few months. I only recently came the the conclusion I really should ask her out- I didn't want to before because I feel awkward when it's someone I'll always see regularly.

I'm fairly sure she is interested or at least was at some point. I think she might have given up now because I've been so slow. She has referred to me as a friend, she still often hangs around with me though recently she has started apologising for asking too personal things- I'm not always the most forthcoming of people, I'm working on it. Another guy joined in September, I'm pretty sure he's interested in her and he is obviously much smother than me and they are chatting more on FB so now I feel rushed.

The other night I had the opportunity to ask her out, I walked her to the bus stop after a few drinks but didn't because I couldn't work it into the conversation and got too nervous to just ask her for a drink as we said bye. I then rationalised it as not a good idea to ask her out in such an un-subtle way.

I'm pretty awful at dating. Having I missed my chance and should move on an learn from it? Should I go for being better friends and see if it ever happens? Or do I just go for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_frog)
    There's a girl at my sports club, I've been a member since January and probably thought I might like her after a few months. I only recently came the the conclusion I really should ask her out- I didn't want to before because I feel awkward when it's someone I'll always see regularly.

I'm fairly sure she is interested or at least was at some point. I think she might have given up now because I've been so slow. She has referred to me as a friend, she still often hangs around with me though recently she has started apologising for asking too personal things- I'm not always the most forthcoming of people, I'm working on it. Another guy joined in September, I'm pretty sure he's interested in her and he is obviously much smother than me and they are chatting more on FB so now I feel rushed.

The other night I had the opportunity to ask her out, I walked her to the bus stop after a few drinks but didn't because I couldn't work it into the conversation and got too nervous to just ask her for a drink as we said bye. I then rationalised it as not a good idea to ask her out in such an un-subtle way.

I'm pretty awful at dating. Having I missed my chance and should move on an learn from it? Should I go for being better friends and see if it ever happens? Or do I just go for it?
    Asking a girl for drinks is always the best option.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds though she's potentially interested - I reckon you should go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, second question is how?

She might be more interested in the other guy, she might have given up on me etc so should I really just blurt it out? Like the other night at the bus stop, should I have just asked her? Should I be more subtle, wait for her to express interest in something I mention and invite her to come with me?

ReputationRep:
    It's up to you really... If you decide to wait for the perfect moment it will be less awkward but there's a real risk that moment will never come. Alternatively you can just blurt it out at the next half decent opportunity (like at the bus stop) which requires a bit more courage but at least you'll find out whether she's interested quickly.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.