Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

11th Nov: Who do you love? watch

Announcements
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    This week on BBC Radio 1’s Surgery with Gemma and Dr Radha, we’re talking about LOVE!

Have you ever been in love? Or do you really want to fall in love but it hasn’t happened yet? Perhaps there’s a special person in your life that you want to say the L word to, but you don’t know how to? But we’re not just talking about relationships - we’re talking about all-important family love and platonic love, too!

If you’ve got any questions, comments or stories that you want to share with the show, please post them here! Remember: you can be anonymous, or if you want to be part of the show, let us know!

ReputationRep:
    I have never been "In love" and I wonder if I ever will be. I don't feel like I have the capacity to love romantically. I love my family, of course, but I struggle to be close to people which outside of family, is rather fundamental to love. I love my male best friend, but not romantically at all.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I love all of my relatives and that's about it.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I love all of my relatives and that's about it.
    same. I know it's supposed to be a different love for other people, but I guess "true love" will be the same love you feel for a close relative, as I guess you'll make each other family at some point?

ReputationRep:
    i have been in love a couple of times but never told them personally i once texted my first love but i think she loved me as after our first conversation on the bus she gave me her number and i left it a few weeks before pulling a simple trick i ask a mutual friend for her number (he was there the first time) and he gave the matching number so i trusted it
    but my latest love i haven't told her but i have conversations with her and we have a lot in common

ReputationRep:
    oh boy dont get me started, im head over heels. call me cupid actually dont call my friend ross purcell cupid he's the reason i feel the way i do about tad. we were bestfriends for 15 years, always in the friend zone until one day i saw the look in his eye change. i made my mind up, it had started and i knew i was in love. its like a thousand fireworks in my heart exploding just for him, its like a million butterflys consume my body, and i haven't eaten in two weeks. i hope after all this one day he'll accept were meant to be together, i know he feels it he just has to realise. i need advice please.

ReputationRep:
    I am, but its about to come to a close.

Love is so wonderful. But it's extremely fragile. The slightest hit can break it. And she ****ed up bad.

ReputationRep:
    Was in love once but as another user on this thread has said, it is extremely fragile

ReputationRep:
    Once. An amazing girl, but I guess she never found my like attractive.

Three words:
    Family, Duty, Honour.

my lecturer

ReputationRep:
    My best friend since year 7, we'd walk home together every day and I'd have butterflies and a feeling like my heart might implode when I thought of him; but we were so far in the friend zone and he clearly only thought of me as a friend.. Haven't seen him in about a year since we went to different sixth forms and kind of drifted apart but I'd still fall for him head over heels if we met again. I cried too many tears over that boy! Love can be the best but also the worst!!
    EDIT: Nearly forgot my first TRUE love which was my cat. Sounds sad to anyone else but I am the youngest in my family and we kind of grew up together? So when he died aged 4 I was truly heartbroken.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I have been extremely infatuated with very few people - 2, to be precise - and though it felt like love then, I've realised that what I felt was in fact not even close to the word now that I've grown up and looked back haha.

ReputationRep:
    I love my Creator ALLAH
    I love my prophet Mohamed Peace be upon Him
    I love my parents, sisters, and brother
    I love my husband
    And i love my country

ReputationRep:
    I would say I've been in love twice, although I'm not sure if either of those times were real love.

ReputationRep:
    I love my family, my close friends, my ex. Loving someone is a wonderful feeling, painful though it can be. I'm happy I've gotten to experience it in such great abundance.

ReputationRep:
    I love a few family members, my friends and my dogs..

And my fridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    i love K.C
    you're the best <3

ReputationRep:
    Have never been in love romantically. I hear it hurts :/

But I have endless love for my friends and family :-)

It was some man I used to know, and it was one of the most exciting and heartbreaking moments of my life.
    this love, it was pure, it was almost as if I was in a romantic film and he was all I was looking for.
    I grew up in a very loveless family, and he taught me how to dream big things, and always comforted me, knew what to say, how to kiss me and make me feel so warm inside.
    I woke up smiling everyday, knowing he was all I had ever wanted.
    Of course, it never lasted. I grew up, I made mistakes and I found other guys that I 'love'.
    But nothing will ever be as intense as the love I had (or still have) for him.
    Sometimes, I just randomly put on the album that me and him listened too and remember the time we went to a concert and were just so damn happy to be with each other.
    The only way I could describe it has to be as "electrifying".

Falling in love was the most painful experience of my life. It wasn't reciprocated and hurt more than losing my dad. It left me broken, and even after putting the pieces back together I don't think I'll ever be the same.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.