Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I want to the Japanese GCSE but I have next to no foundation in the language. I do not know the hiragana, katakana or any kanji whatsoever but I know some random phrases. However, it would mean a lot to be able to do a Japanese GCSE. Is it possible to learn everything I need to know in time for exams?

ReputationRep:
    Hi would you be self teaching? What is the content of the gcse like?
    I think it would be really hard to do in 1 year but anything is possible. For kana, get the app 'Dr moku' and pay the £1, it's worth it. I learnt hiragana in 1 day from that app (and no I'm not a genius, it's just really good).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for the help yes I will get that app. I am not sure of the content of the GCSE I have yet to get the correct books. I just wasn't sure if it was possible so I thought I should ask to see if it was possible to learn everything first.
    Thanks again for the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    Hi would you be self teaching? What is the content of the gcse like?
    I think it would be really hard to do in 1 year but anything is possible. For kana, get the app 'Dr moku' and pay the £1, it's worth it. I learnt hiragana in 1 day from that app (and no I'm not a genius, it's just really good).
    1 day? o.O Hiragana took me a week or two... Don't even get me started on katakana :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quick-use)
    1 day? o.O Hiragana took me a week or two... Don't even get me started on katakana :lol:
    Haha the app uses imagery to make it stick unfortunately katakana wasn't so easy xD I still struggle!

ReputationRep:
    it's important of you want to do Japanese gcse to download the specification from the edexcel website. I did a gcse in Japanese in the summer and got an a*. even though I had a tutor for 3 years I relied a lot on learning the gcse straight from the specification.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 12, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.