Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from River Island about going to their recruitment event, it said it should last about two hours.. I'm just wondering if anyone's ever been to one/what happens?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by likewildfires)
    I got an email from River Island about going to their recruitment event, it said it should last about two hours.. I'm just wondering if anyone's ever been to one/what happens?
    I was at a recruitment event yesterday, we had to show our passports and write down our availability, we were told to chat amongst ourselves while we waited for others and were watched while we spoke, I think this was to see how chatty we were talking to people we hadn't met before etc.

After that we were sat in like a circle and done a few ice breakers, we had to say something about ourselves, I just said my name, age and that I was currently at uni. The next question was name a time you have received/given good customer service, everyones answers were different as some people had no job experience and others did. I explained about when I used to work at Next and dealing with difficult cusomers, and the last question was why do you want to work at river island, I said I enjoyed shopping there and I had previously worked in fashion retail and enjoyed it etc.

We then did a roleplay where we were in pairs, one person was a customer and the other was a sales assistant then we swapped roles, you had to create a scenario about helping a customer out, seeing if they had everything they were looking for, try to mention 'upselling' if you do a roleplay as this is what they look for! They said they would get back to you in 24 hours if you were successful and I got offered the job this morning! Its a really relaxed interview, there were 3 members of staff at my recruitment event, all women roughly the same age as me so I thought it was quite fun! Don't be nervous as they are looking for Confident people! Sorry for the long answer haha hope i've helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethaniex)
    I was at a recruitment event yesterday, we had to show our passports and write down our availability, we were told to chat amongst ourselves while we waited for others and were watched while we spoke, I think this was to see how chatty we were talking to people we hadn't met before etc.

After that we were sat in like a circle and done a few ice breakers, we had to say something about ourselves, I just said my name, age and that I was currently at uni. The next question was name a time you have received/given good customer service, everyones answers were different as some people had no job experience and others did. I explained about when I used to work at Next and dealing with difficult cusomers, and the last question was why do you want to work at river island, I said I enjoyed shopping there and I had previously worked in fashion retail and enjoyed it etc.

We then did a roleplay where we were in pairs, one person was a customer and the other was a sales assistant then we swapped roles, you had to create a scenario about helping a customer out, seeing if they had everything they were looking for, try to mention 'upselling' if you do a roleplay as this is what they look for! They said they would get back to you in 24 hours if you were successful and I got offered the job this morning! Its a really relaxed interview, there were 3 members of staff at my recruitment event, all women roughly the same age as me so I thought it was quite fun! Don't be nervous as they are looking for Confident people! Sorry for the long answer haha hope i've helped.
    That's helped a lot thank you!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.