The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

The Student Union at Bournemouth University (SUBU)

Hi everyone,

My name is Chris and I am a second year Marketing Communications student here at Bournemouth University. As well as being a student ambassador I am also a member of the SUBU promotions team.

The student union at Bournemouth has just relocated to the brand new Student Centre building on Talbot Campus. This thread is for anyone interested in finding out about the student union, including all the activities that you can get involved in! Here's a few things that SUBU is responsible for;

- The Old Firestation (BUs student nightclub)
- Dylans Bar
- The Student Shop
- NERVE media (student ran TV, radio and magasine)
- Over 100 clubs and societies
- RAG (raising and giving)
- SUBU advice service

... and loads more! (make sure you check it out; http://www.subu.org.uk/)

If you have any questions feel free to ask on here!

Thanks

Chris :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi all

My name is Amy and I am a student ambassador and third year student at BU.

I am also a member of Gamers society, Whovians, as well as having some know how about Disney. Any questions about these three socities in particular let me know! I would be more than happy to help!

Amy
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Hi all,

I'm Steve and I'm a final year student studying Business Studies with Strategic HRM. I'm also a Student Ambassador!

Just to add another dimension to the thread, the Student's Union also run the Student Rep scheme for BU. That's where each seminar elects a rep who's job it is to ensure that our feedback is discussed with the University.

I was a rep myself and liked the fact that it gave me a platform to influence my course. If you're coming to BU or already here, I would definitely suggest giving it some thought!

Steve Moss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending