The Student Room Group

My crush's birthday is tomorrow, should i buy her gifts?

Would that improve my image and thus chances or will it backfire?

summoning TSR womanizer, playboy, romance expert, relationship guru, female psychology grandmaster
I'd suggest just getting her a card.
Depends on how close you are.

Don't go for multiple gifts / expensive gifts, that'll creep her out.

Maybe one thoughtful, small gift if it's appropriate for you to get her something.
Reply 3
Original post by Foo.mp3
More interpersonal context please :smile:

she's my colleague. I think she knows I like her but i haven't make a move yet. Her birthday is tomorrow i was thinking of getting her a little gift. Would that be romantic?
Reply 4
LMAO no. Offer to take her out for a few drinks to celebrate her birthday.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Get her a card at most, if you're friends that should be fine.
Reply 6
You could give her something like a flower or some sweets, I think that would be lovely.
Say this "Are you Medusa? Because I'm rock hard"
Don't get her a gift if you're not friends. If you are friends then maybe buy her a card.
Either way, say Happy Birthday and offer to buy her a drink or something.
NO don't do it. I have a friend who did that and was painfully rejected. The whole school heard about it. Not nice.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous

summoning TSR womanizer, playboy, romance expert, relationship guru, female psychology grandmaster

If you know the person as a friend, do it, but as a friend. But considering you're considering doing it to win them over, I wouldn't recommend it. If you're not even friends, don't do it, it's quite strange thing to do for someone you don't know.

So a gift only if she is your friend and as a friend.

If you like this person, get to know them a bit better for your own purposes (maybe she isn't the person you thought she was) and if you still like her, and you think she likes you (which I think is quite important), ask if she wants to go and do something together and move from there. If she isn't interested, leave it there. You can't win them all and worry about something you can't change is counter-productive. If she is interested, then great.
Original post by Foo.mp3
If you sense there's mutual interest/chemistry then sure, if that's what you feel like doing/the kind of thing you'd normally do - a cute little gift (especially a thoughtful one) would be sweet. Just make sure it/they're not too OTT e.g. I wouldn't spend more than £5-£10 on a girl I'd never dated personally :scrooge:

Do you think workplace romance will ever work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
my crushes birthday is tomorrow too!!!!And I am doing homework at the moment and I don't know what to do!We know each other a bit, and he does flirt with me, I really really want to get him something, so if someone could reply in the next 5-10 minutes, that would be great!!
Maybe take her to the movies?
Reply 14
Well if you know her well then yes. But it also depends whether you want her to know.
Original post by Anonymous

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending