Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,I just found out the application for 2016 Sep is open and decide to apply for the investment & wealth management.But I'm not sure of my chance of getting in...
    here's my profile: first class in money banking and finance from university of birmingham in second year.. definitely trying to get a first in the final year too.
    just one internship in a commercial bank.. some extracurricular activities
    Gmat 730
    ...and that's all......

How do you think??
    BTW, how about the career after this programme? is there any alumina/current student?

ReputationRep:
    It's a quite new course. Apply!
    I may also consider it in future.
    Your profile seems satisfying, I think with a 1st class you should get in.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

What do you think about my chances:

- First class BSc in Finance and Economics (double major subject) from the biggest university of Scandinavia
    - 1 year working experience in commercial bank
    - A few extracurricural activities
    - Outstanding letters of recommendations
    - No gmat

I think I really should take gmat, but I don't have time right now. What do you think my chances without it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jooring)
    Hi!

What do you think about my chances:

- First class BSc in Finance and Economics (double major subject) from the biggest university of Scandinavia
    - 1 year working experience in commercial bank
    - A few extracurricural activities
    - Outstanding letters of recommendations
    - No gmat

I think I really should take gmat, but I don't have time right now. What do you think my chances without it?
    Hi,
    I think you should also apply. Your degree already seems quantitative enough. GMAT is not required, but scoring +700 would only enhance your profile.
    If you were to consider LSE though then the GMAT would be a necessity.

Friends that I have got into the MSC Finance without a GMAT and 2.1s.

Again, good chances!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jooring)
    Hi!What do you think about my chances:- First class BSc in Finance and Economics (double major subject) from the biggest university of Scandinavia- 1 year working experience in commercial bank- A few extracurricural activities- Outstanding letters of recommendations- No gmatI think I really should take gmat, but I don't have time right now. What do you think my chances without it?
    Any responses?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I am thinking of applying as well in the coming weeks. My profile:

- high 2.1 in Business related degree (not highly quantitative but with a few modules in statistics/accounting)
    - went to ex-poly undergrad uni (in top 40 uk) (although one of the few decent ones)
    - no GMAT
    Now to the good stuff:
    - have a lot of experience:
    = 2 summer internships - one in swiss private bank and another in well known scottish asset manager;
    = year long placement at well known british stockbroker;
    = i am currently on a graduate scheme at tier 1 IB, supporting the multi asset trading/packaging desk;
    - have obtained the Investment Management Certificate (IMC)
    - am currently studying towards CFA 1 for this June
    - have a lot of extra curricular etc

I'm fairly weak candidate in my opinion but am trying to do everything in order to mitigate my case. If i get 700+ on GMAT and pass the CFA 1, can i reasonably expect to be at least seriously considered?

Your toughts greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    HI. I received an offer a few days back. Any other offer holders?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.