Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I have an interview next week in UWE for primary pgce and I'm absolutely freaking out! What sort of issues in education can I discuss?

ReputationRep:
    i have an interview for UWE next week too, don't worry you're not alone!

ReputationRep:
    What date and time?

ReputationRep:
    Next Wednesday at I think it starts 11.15!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's when mine is too! Do you have any idea what you're gonna do for it?

ReputationRep:
    Yayyy!!! And noooo I'm so nervous :/ you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No idea! I'm so nervous too, more so about just speaking in front of everyone. I live in Wales so I have to remember not to mix Wales and England ed systems up haha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too, how many people do we have to speak of Infront of again? Ahhh nerve wracking and oh yeah that's annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure at all. This is my first interview. I only applied on Friday!haha

ReputationRep:
    Haha same as me!! Still trying to come up with some ideas!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 365gapyear)
    Next Wednesday at I think it starts 11.15!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have an interview tomorrow at UWE for PGCE at 11:15

ReputationRep:
    How did they go? I've got my interview next week and I don't have a clue what I'm going to do yet. Did you have to bring in and artefact or object and discuss how it could engage learners?

ReputationRep:
    Hey it went really well. I got offered a place they are all really nice lecturers and interviewers so don't be nervous at all. Loads of people had different things, I brought in a book about rugby and explained how I would engage learners with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottem1991)
    Hey it went really well. I got offered a place they are all really nice lecturers and interviewers so don't be nervous at all. Loads of people had different things, I brought in a book about rugby and explained how I would engage learners with that

Congratulations, have you applied anywhere else? or is UWE where you want to go?Thanks, I really need to start thinking but I only found out yesterday and it's a week away and i've got two other interviews coming up. There's a week between each one, felt like I was going to have a meltdown yesterday, but i'm much calmer now.Did they ask much about the school system? Because i've got the same problem of trying not to mix the education systems in Wales and England.

ReputationRep:
    Did you have the interview at uwe last Wednesday? You have received an offer from them? When did you receive the offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatWiley21)
    Congratulations, have you applied anywhere else? or is UWE where you want to go?Thanks, I really need to start thinking but I only found out yesterday and it's a week away and i've got two other interviews coming up. There's a week between each one, felt like I was going to have a meltdown yesterday, but i'm much calmer now.Did they ask much about the school system? Because i've got the same problem of trying not to mix the education systems in Wales and England.
    Hey, yeah I have applied to Gloucester and Cardiff met but I don't think I'll go now. Don't worry I only had a week too, just think of something that can engage learners even if it's like a plastic bottle. I was so nervous but it was so relaxing. No they didn't ask anything like that. I was asked why I chose foundation/key stage one and what good practice is seen in the class that I'd use in my classroom! Don't stress you'll do fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blobby1759)
    Did you have the interview at uwe last Wednesday? You have received an offer from them? When did you receive the offer?
    Yeah last Wednesday I had my interview. I received my offer yesterday. Have you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, yeah I have applied to Gloucester and Cardiff met but I don't think I'll go now. Don't worry I only had a week too, just think of something that can engage learners even if it's like a plastic bottle. I was so nervous but it was so relaxing. No they didn't ask anything like that. I was asked why I chose foundation/key stage one and what good practice is seen in the class that I'd use in my classroom! Don't stress you'll do fine
    I applied to Gloucester! Just accepted them as my choice

ReputationRep:
    Aww yay so you're not going to Bristol interview? What uni are you currently in?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.