The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

2016 English Literature with Creative Writing Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Probably worth looking here if you want to talk Warwick, this is for UEA :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3039343
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Pandorax
Hi! For the offer from Warwick for english lit & creative writing, when did you send your application off? And do you have to send a portfolio and do an interview?

I sent off my application on 14th Oct and got an email from Warwick on 9th Dec asking me to fill in an online interview + portfolio. They gave me a two week deadline, but I sent everything off a few days earlier and got the offer on 7th Jan :smile:
Original post by Kaddy_Dee
I sent off my application on 14th Oct and got an email from Warwick on 9th Dec asking me to fill in an online interview + portfolio. They gave me a two week deadline, but I sent everything off a few days earlier and got the offer on 7th Jan :smile:

Hi! I sent off my application and last update is 22nd October for Warwick on uni track, but I haven't heard anything yet :s-smilie: Do you know what email they use to send the emails about the online interview and portfolio? Suddenly scared it may have gone to my junk email!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pandorax
Hi! I sent off my application and last update is 22nd October for Warwick on uni track, but I haven't heard anything yet :s-smilie: Do you know what email they use to send the emails about the online interview and portfolio? Suddenly scared it may have gone to my junk email!

They responded to the email that I used for ucas track. You shouldn't be scared :smile: They have about a thousand applications to read through and usually start giving offers out after January. I wasn't expecting anything until March. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon xx
Original post by jessroseh
Hi I'm Jess, I just accepted my unconditional upgrade for English and Creative Writing at UEA. I'm so excited! :smile:

Hi! I accepted an unconditional at UEA for the same course!
Didn't know if you knew that there's a Facebook page too for UEA applicants? If you go to "university applicants 2016" and request to join, then when accepted view their pinned post to join UEA, I thought it'd be nice for us all to get to know each other a bit? Because I don't know about everyone else, but I'm bricking it about the social side of uni 😩 Some of my friends have group chats going for their courses ☺️
Hey everyone! :h:
I have a firm place at UEA for English Lit! Not Creative Writing, just Literature, but you all seem so nice so I wanted to leave a reply!
I'm an EU student so I'm super excited about studying in England! Went to see the uni on a sort of self-guided tour with my dad and we both loved it! I absolutely fell in love with it, and now that I know that there are such nice people I will share some modules with (at least I think that's how it works haha) I'm even more excited!

Glad you're all gonna be there in September!
xxx
Reply 126
Original post by IzziBizzi
Hey everyone! :h:
I have a firm place at UEA for English Lit! Not Creative Writing, just Literature, but you all seem so nice so I wanted to leave a reply!
I'm an EU student so I'm super excited about studying in England! Went to see the uni on a sort of self-guided tour with my dad and we both loved it! I absolutely fell in love with it, and now that I know that there are such nice people I will share some modules with (at least I think that's how it works haha) I'm even more excited!

Glad you're all gonna be there in September!
xxx

Aww that's so nice :smile: where in the EU are you from? I have an unconditional place so ill definitelyyyy be seeing everyone at UEA :smile:
Original post by Jaibug
Aww that's so nice :smile: where in the EU are you from? I have an unconditional place so ill definitelyyyy be seeing everyone at UEA :smile:

That's a difficult question haha. I was born in Germany, my parents are Italian and I've been living in Spain for 5 years. I guess I'm German but honestly I don't even know lol.
Reply 128
I'm currently in my first year doing E&CW at Warwick so if anyone has any questions you can ask me :-)
Original post by guirty
I'm currently in my first year doing E&CW at Warwick so if anyone has any questions you can ask me :-)

Awesome! I'm desperately torn between Warwick and UCL. What is the workload like at Warwick? Is it intensive? Do you prefer the Lit half or the CW half? (And are they equally split?) Do you get along with the other people on your course? What does your typical weekly timetable look like?

Also are Warwick lenient with grades? Do they accept people who let lower than AAA?

Sorry if I asked too many questions. I feel like I'm running out of time to make such a big decision.
Reply 130
With every weekly seminar you have a piece of writing to do and usually an article to read. Every 5 weeks is an assessment, e.g. poetry compilation or a short story, and 4 of them make up first year's grade.

CW is 25% of first year and at least 25% of second and third, but it can be bumped up the next few years with any combo of modules.

I really enjoy how CW is a smaller community and it's so chilled. We have a writer's room with sofas so it's a great place to hang and write in. There's less work than the Lit modules but I always enjoy the seminars more because of free writing.

Coursemates are always lovely and because there's about 35 people on the course it feels a lot more personal than straight english with massive lecture halls.

Each week I have three 1hr lectures (Medieval, Modes of Reading and Modern World Lit) and then 4 seminars (the above plus Creative Writing which is 1.5 hrs). I have 8.5 hours a week of contact and at least an hours worth each day so I'm always busy but not too overloaded!

I got A*AA and some of my friends from different subjects got Cs instead of As but I'm not sure about this specific course. I hope this helps :-)
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi. Has anyone accepted their offer at Birmingham?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending