Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Interview for Bishop Grossesteste Uni Primary PGCE watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I've applied for the BGU Upper Primary course and got an interview coming up in a week and a bit, I'm really stressing out about the teaching task!

They've asked 'Please plan an engaging and interactive teaching task for the other candidates inthe group (a maximum of 6 people) on an aspect of Primary National Curriculum orEarly Years Foundation Stage. The task should last a maximum of 5 minutes' and I emailed them to clarify what age group it should be aimed to and they said it should be aimed at the people in the room.

However lots of people on here have said that they did a teaching task aimed at children and got on to the course with it!

I need to go with what they say, but then I don't know how I'd go about aiming the Primary curriculum at adults as obviously it's quite simple!

Has anyone been through this process and can help me out? I'm really not feeling good about this task!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've got my interview in January and I was wondering what to expect. I have no idea what to do for the presentation task either!

How did yours go and what did you/other people do the presentation on?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey, congrats on your interview!

Mine went well, I got in! Okay so what I'd say is play to your strength/interests as that is what everyone else did and remember it's more about how you deliver it than what you actually deliver. In my group, people did votes for women (with the interactive task being voting), making Christingles, doing a short science experiment, writing a sentence and code-breaking. I am a linguistics student so I did about teaching grammar and how to make it fun for children so mine was more of an adult task whereas many others in my group did stuff for kids (they aimed it towards their group though, it was just primary level activities). I obviously don't know how everyone did but most of the tasks seemed fun. So yes, do what you feel comfortable with and something you're interested in!

If you have any more questions about the day, feel free to ask. Don't worry, it's a fairly relaxed day as PGCE interviews go and they're super helpful. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi thanks! Congrats on getting in!

Thank you for the tips and ideas! I just don't know how I can do an activity in 5 minutes - it seems too short. Plus I'm struggling for ideas. I looked over the national curriculum, but nothing jumped out at me.

I'll have to think it over some more - thank you for the information!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.