Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Got a question I need help with

Is pushing someone out of the way assault or battery?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Assault is an act committed intentionally or recklessly threatening, or leading a person to apprehend, the immediate use of violence. Battery is the use of such force and an assault would become a battery if applied with force and without consent. The latter requires proof of intentional application (see, for example, Wilson v Pringle) Battery must also be a positive act (Fagan v Metropolitan Police Commissioner).

Therefore, pushing someone is a positive act and, with the intentional application and without consent, as per Wilson v Pringle, would give rise to battery.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Theaudience had left the theatre calmly, except for Angela Rush. Angela would notwait to leave her seating row and pushed Jen Mallah out of the way. This causedJen to fall and in doing so, she cut her leg.

How would we relate battery and assault to this scenario ?please

ReputationRep:
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    I cannot find the facts and judgement of this case Gibbons v Pepper (1695)) please can you tell me about this case
    thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.