Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Shopping on sale a year in advance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have wanted to do this for so many years.

Basically, wouldn't it make sense to buy all your summer clothes in the autumn sale when they are half the price or even less than price the price... and buy winter clothes in the summer. It just makes so much sense, like when I look at the Doc Martens being sold for pennies in the summer, I'm like omg..... I need that. I just want to get into the habit of doing this, doing a big shop on otherwise expensive winter stuff in the summer and then shop like this every year. It's just hard because for example, I'm broke now and have no clothes and will have to buy new stuff for winter so I cannot afford to buy both a winter wardrobe AND a summer wardrobe But then I end up shopping for clothes I can afford, instead of buying what I really want...

ReputationRep:
    That makes sense.

I've bought some things in advance as they were cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    I think that does seem like a good idea.. I work in New Look and in our summer sale, so many people were buying stuff for next summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    I have wanted to do this for so many years.

Basically, wouldn't it make sense to buy all your summer clothes in the autumn sale when they are half the price or even less than price the price... and buy winter clothes in the summer. It just makes so much sense, like when I look at the Doc Martens being sold for pennies in the summer, I'm like omg..... I need that. I just want to get into the habit of doing this, doing a big shop on otherwise expensive winter stuff in the summer and then shop like this every year. It's just hard because for example, I'm broke now and have no clothes and will have to buy new stuff for winter so I cannot afford to buy both a winter wardrobe AND a summer wardrobe But then I end up shopping for clothes I can afford, instead of buying what I really want...
    I generally just shop in sales anyway or buy stuff for pennies on eBay new with tags. So I don't think I'd save much money specifically shopping in season sales.

Plus I don't tend to wear a lot of winter clothes anyway I get too hot too quick D:

ReputationRep:
    Good idea you know, buy all your summer clothes in winter and winter garments in summer.

Might have to do it still, waiting till December for that big man sale, Ya dunno!!!
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I like this idea, however I never really dress weather appropriately anyway. I'll just add tights and a cardi to an outfit and make it autumn-y

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.