Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How much work do you think an A2 student should do, at this point? watch

Announcements
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'm studying bio, chem and psych,
    I would like to try and get A*AA for A2 but I am predicted A*AB. I'm not sure how much work I should be doing after school, and at what intensity- I know this is hugely subjective and very much a case of 'everyone is different', but any advice would be greatly appreciated? Do you think that it's too early to start past papers/ revise over past topics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    I'm studying bio, chem and psych,
    I would like to try and get A*AA for A2 but I am predicted A*AB. I'm not sure how much work I should be doing after school, and at what intensity- I know this is hugely subjective and very much a case of 'everyone is different', but any advice would be greatly appreciated? Do you think that it's too early to start past papers/ revise over past topics?
    I'd suggest consistency over intensity. Make sure you're keeping on top of everything, understanding stuff in lessons and doing all of the work being assigned to you. You should have mocks coming up before Christmas or in January, so work towards those. Rather than using past papers as there are only certain amounts of them, focus on textbook questions instead or make up your own. I recommend downloading a specification for each of your subjects and treating each criterion as a question, answer it. It's a good way to work, I've found.

Personally, I spend a couple of hours everyday after school working, and I use my free periods, and spend a few hours over the weekend doing work, too. I review everything I've done in lessons, do homework, and add to my notes from my textbook.

I made a thread similar to this a few months ago, you might find the replies helpful:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3616525

I'm not doing as much as I've stated in this thread now though, I've relaxed a bit now

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.